Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Reactions: Cornhusker95

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
From the article:

Recent shootings at Walmart stores in El Paso, Texas and Southaven, Mississippi killed 24 people.

"We are trying to take constructive steps to reduce the risk that events like these will happen again," McMillon said.
So, when these mamby pamby efforts do not reduce the risk that events like these will happen again and they do happen, will he reverse his decision because it didn't work.

I didn't think so.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
I wrote the following to the author:

I am not a Wal Mart employee; however, I shop there on a regular basis and have open carried there hundreds of times without managing to shoot anyone.

From the article:
Recent shootings at Walmart stores in El Paso, Texas and Southaven, Mississippi killed 24 people.

"We are trying to take constructive steps to reduce the risk that events like these will happen again," McMillon said.
So when these "constructive steps" do not reduce the risk and events like these happen again, and they will, will he reverse his decision because it didn't work.

I didn't think so.

The problem isn't guns, ammo or even background checks. It is the loose nut holding the gun. We need mental health reform, not gun control.

My .02

I know it won't do any good and probably won't even get read, but I feel better.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Wallyworld - cracking the whip (no more open carry for you!)

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/walmart-plans-to-dramatically-step-back-from-gun-sales-after-horrific-shootings.html

Walmart is discontinuing sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber, discontinuing sales of handgun ammunition and discontinuing handgun sales entirely in Alaska.

It’s also asking shoppers to no longer openly carry firearms in stores, in states where “open carry” is allowed, unless authorized law enforcement officers are present.

CEO Doug McMillon announces the changes following two deadly shootings at Walmart stores over the summer.

·
Registered
860 Posts
knee jerk reaction for sure...cc permit is still allowed in their stores it says. It also says open carry may be allowed in some stores depending on the location...the poor store manager has to confront these people. Its not a good idea to do that it should be either a company policy or not no in between.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I hate to hear that as for 40 cal ammo they are the cheapest around. These no gun signs or bans don't apply to me as I have a law enforcement carry card.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
It has to do with public perception. Walmart had to do something since its stores were shooting locations. It has to appear to be taking action. Obviously the people who shoot up Walmarts and other locations do not care about rules. Discontinuing the sale of handguns in AK is inconsequential to it revenues. Stopping the sale od handgun and :assault rifle" caliber ammo make it look like it is taking action in the face of mass shootings. We all know that such actions will not affect mass shooters. Walmart knows that too. But it want to look like it took action.

The profitable products in a retail store can be judged by the amount of shelf space they get. In the three Walmarts in my vicinity candy gets more space than ammo, and airguns and supplies get equal space. Draw your own conclusions. Where I live Walmart is not the go to supplier of gun owners. However, I will continue to buy the little I do at Walmart, and I will CC as I have always done.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
4,116 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Misty Lu and I just returned from shopping at one of the two Walmart locations in our area. We've never had a problem shopping at either location, although neither of us choose to open carry in public. We don't bother buying ammo or firearms there anyway.

If Walmart execs want to start a virtue signalling campaign by sending anti-gun letters to Washington, they are going to alienate many of their customers, rather they're gun owners or not.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts