Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 136 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,781 Posts
Back during the big ammo crunch of 2013, the local Walmart employees were giving heads-up to scalpers who would be there at 6:00 am when the shelves were stocked. As soon as it came in, it was sold out to guys who were tripling the price and reselling it. I haven't bought a box of ammo from Walmart since then,

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
Meh, I think I bought a bucket of .22 from them once, but I buy everything on line now in bulk.

Reactions: baren

·
Registered
33,980 Posts
I don't think I've ever bought ammo at a WM. Heck, I rarely buy commercial ammo at all, other than .22s.

Reactions: baren

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
I've never bought ammo or firearms from WalMart. I have been buying bulk ammo online and my SD ammo at Cabelas (even though it's an 80 mile drive). It's gonna be tough to pay higher prices for food elsewhere but it's gotta be done. I buy most everything else online - especially electronics.

·
Registered
5,666 Posts
This belongs in 2A issues. Folks who are saying, "It doesn't affect me.", please join fight against creeping social end to the right to keep and bear arms.

It is the progressive pressure to erode firearm and shooting culture. The goal is zero guns and ammunition. Any step is a victory for progressivism and loss for liberty. I'm not an open carry person, but I'm reconsidering it. A nice carmel leather belt holster with my gov Kimber 1911. A neat full button shirt nd slacks. No labels or slogans.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/09/03/walmart-end-sales-certain-ammo-following-mass-shootings/

"The report notes that Walmart’s share of the ammunition market will drop from 20 percent to about six to nine percent annually. That’s a huge drop, and it also represents increased prices for shooters as few retail companies will be able to match Walmart’s prices.

However, what the new policy won’t do is make Walmart stores any safer.

The El Paso shooter didn’t pick a Walmart store because it sold guns. He picked it because there would be a lot of people in the store at any given moment. "

Good points. There other good points in the article. Too bad it falls on deaf ears.

·
Super Moderator
16,151 Posts
Walmart attempted again to balance customers who own guns and are "part of our customer base" with safety in stores, Dan Bartlett, Walmart executive vice president of corporate affairs, said on a call with reporters.

"We feel like we are striking a responsible balance between the interests of law-abiding citizens who are exercising their legal rights and the safety concerns of our associates and customers," he said.
Nope, you are just pandering to the we gotta do sooooooooooooomthing crowd. Went to the Mt Olive atore and cleaned them out of WWB 45ACP 230ge JHP will check the Rosewood and Goldsboro stores tomorrow. The man ahead of me inline informed the cashier his family normally purchases $150+ in groceries from Wal-Mart each week, they just lost that business too I wonder how many more feel the same way.

·
Registered
Various
15,546 Posts
I haven't bough a gun from Walmart in about fifteen years and they don't carry the ammo I prefer.

·
Registered
33,980 Posts
This belongs in 2A issues. Folks who are saying, "It doesn't affect me.", please join fight against creeping social end to the right to keep and bear arms.

It is the progressive pressure to erode firearm and shooting culture. The goal is zero guns and ammunition. Any step is a victory for progressivism and loss for liberty. I'm not an open carry person, but I'm reconsidering it. A nice carmel leather belt holster with my gov Kimber 1911. A neat full button shirt nd slacks. No labels or slogans.
I find that, like nature, business adhores a vacuum. Where one business may drop a product, another's will pick it up. Where there is demand, there will be supply for one source or another. Personally, Walmart can go the way of Dicks. I would miss neither.

·
Registered
863 Posts
SGammo is my ammo store. OK, it's an online store for me, but, just saying. I don't trade at Walmart anyway, but those clowns have moved into Domestic Enemy territory as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: CWOUSCG

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
No loss here.
Maybe not directly, indirectly this will reduce exposure of non-gun people to ammo. If people see it at Walmart it's just stuff for sale; if they're never exposed to it it becomes something magical and only associated with gun weirdos.

This is a win for the antis, and not good for liberty.

-- break break --

And yes, I think that guy recently walking through Walmart open carrying an AR, whose actions led to a panicky manager setting of the fire alarm, an off duty "hero" holding him at gunpoint, and a time consuming (read: expensive) investigation by corporate directly led to this decision. It was an idiotic action, and with everything else going on Walmart felt the need to distance themselves from more buffoonery.

With rights comes responsibly; actions have consequences.

·
Registered
10,201 Posts

It is the progressive pressure to erode firearm and shooting culture. The goal is zero guns and ammunition. Any step is a victory for progressivism and loss for liberty.
This is true. Unfortunately our side has a tendency to ignore such fine points, vilify those who disagree with them, and conflate gun issues with unrelated topics. Perhaps no more so than anyone else, but I don't think we can afford to make ourselves into pariahs. Alone of Constitutional rights, the 2A requires a constant supply of manufactured goods, and that supply is an easy target.

21 - 40 of 136 Posts