Defensive Carry banner

61 - 80 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
I don’t agree with their stance, but it’s not actually a 2A issue. 2A is a restriction on government. Not a law requiring a store to continue selling a product, or preventing them from asking people to not bring something in the store.
The right to keep and bear arms doesn't come from the government. When the progressives put enough social pressure on banks, corporations, online vendors, advertisers, etc. to end the legitimate firearm industry, keeping and bearing of arms fizzles out of society. Progressivism is incrementalism.

·
Registered
563 Posts
A friend mentioned he thinks the problems at Walmart were artificially created by the Deep State in order to give Walmart a reasonable excuse for banning OC in their stores.

Possibly. However, my response to him:

I very seriously doubt Walmart planned any of it. As they have stores in just about every city, they didn't have to. It was merely a matter of time before someone tried pushing the envelope rather than smoothly -- and smartly -- flying within it.

The young man who walked in carrying multiple firearms and ammo was totally on his own. But the manage who pulled the fire alarm and called the cops even though he'd committed no crime was either a blithering idiot or responding to perhaps a memorandum for managers crafted by Walmart CEO Doug McMillon.

It does indeed appear old Doogie was just a bit too quick on the draw...

·
Registered
829 Posts
And Kroger announced today that they will no longer permit open carry in their stores.
So I guess Kroger doesn't want any of the good guys in their stores anymore.
...Well, no openly good guys, certainly.

·
Registered
7,865 Posts
The right to keep and bear arms doesn't come from the government. When the progressives put enough social pressure on banks, corporations, online vendors, advertisers, etc. to end the legitimate firearm industry, keeping and bearing of arms fizzles out of society. Progressivism is incrementalism.
Nobody said it did. I don’t agree with any of these things, but should banks not be able to decide who they loan money to? I would want to if I were a bank. Reality is they will just go to another bank, it will be a loss for those who don’t want the money of a profitable industry.

·
Premium Member
6,173 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Follow proven tactics of mass INDIVIDUAL letters expressing your concerns, including personal experiences. Show how most shootings occur in gun free zones and how those shootings have been stopped by armed citizens.

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I didn't call this "master thread", I am not that presumptuous :redface:, it was edited to that title.

Regarding open carry, which I've seen almost exclusively at Wal-Mart.
Consistency, I conceal carry everywhere legal.
Do the open carriers do the same, or pick & choose, like open carry at Wal-Mart, Kroger (previously), but not Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel, family reunion, vets office, auto shop, ...
If open carry is about making a statement, freedom, comfort, whatever, .... should be done everywhere legal; pick & choose in public places (not woods) is inconsistent.
Someone that feels strongly about open carry should cease shopping at Wal-Mart, Kroger and spend money at stores that support OC, assuming options are available.
(Opinion, its not anti OC - its pro consistency & principle and use of the word should is not me telling anyone what they should do)

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
I didn't call this "master thread", I am not that presumptuous :redface:, it was edited to that title.

Regarding open carry, which I've seen almost exclusively at Wal-Mart.
Consistency, I conceal carry everywhere legal.
Do the open carriers do the same, or pick & choose, like open carry at Wal-Mart, Kroger (previously), but not Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel, family reunion, vets office, auto shop, ...
If open carry is about making a statement, freedom, comfort, whatever, .... should be done everywhere legal; pick & choose in public places (not woods) is inconsistent.
Someone that feels strongly about open carry should cease shopping at Wal-Mart, Kroger and spend money at stores that support OC, assuming options are available.
(Opinion, its not anti OC - its pro consistency & principle and use of the word should is not me telling anyone what they should do)
I have been doing exactly that (open carrying everywhere it is legal to do so) for years not because I feel strongly about open carry but because I feel that strongly about the right to bear arms. And I have suffered many slings and arrows from the gun community because open carry might cause the anti gunners to be scared into imposing even more restrictions so I, and everyone else, should practice "concealed means concealed (hide the right to bear arms so no one gets scared)" to ward off those restrictions.

Well I'll say it. The culture of hiding our guns like dirty little secrets is what empowered the anti gun folks to impose more and more restrictions and to cause the public to fear the sight of a gun simply because...

That which is not ordinarily seen becomes feared when seen but that which is ordinarily seen isn't feared simply because it is seen as ordinary.

And I have been, and still am, sorely disappointed in the gun community for allowing the anti gunners to make the right to bear arms a dirty little secret.

Now having said that see my next post.....

Reactions: CDW4ME and Merovius

·
Super Moderator
23,234 Posts
I didn't call this "master thread", I am not that presumptuous , it was edited to that title.
I added that term as somewhere between six and 14 million threads popped up simultaneously requiring merging. I tried to do all of that chronologically, but my goal was to have only one thread. :rofl:

To those of you who's threads got merged without notice - my sincere apologies. :9:

I used to OC very consistently.

Not so much anymore, and on the decline. :mad:

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Wal Mart and Kroger are denying entry to those who openly carry guns. This is their right to control who is, and why they are, allowed entry. And their right to do that is equally as important as my right to bear arms. I would be a hypocrite if I were to expect or demand they respect my right to openly bear arms while disrespecting their right to deny entry to those who do so.

Wal Mart and Kroger not wanting folks to open carry on/in their property is disappointing but isn't cause to stop supporting them by shopping there. What is cause for ALL in the gun community (and I do mean ALL of us! even if it is inconvenient) to stop supporting (and funding!) the anti gun agenda of any business by spending our money there is when that business aligns itself with the likes of Bloomberg and any/all of the other anti gun folks/organizations. Like Wal Mart has done.

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
I went shopping today and I avoided WalMart. Now, if we can get the other millions of WalMart shoppers to follow my lead......

Reactions: baren

·
Registered
86 Posts
It's funny that Walmart is pandering to the leftmost half of the political spectrum, since that same demographic has generally held Walmart in utter contempt, for various reasons. I just don't see a sudden influx of "socially responsible" types into their stores as a result. Now, Walmart may well be big enough to weather any potential economic fallout from these new policies - they certainly seem to be banking on it. But maybe, just maybe, this will hurt their bottom line just enough to make them regret it.

To those who have mentioned Amazon as an alternative for buying non firearms related products:
Please reconsider. This is like leaping out of the frying pan and into the fire. Amazon is not, and never is likely to become, a friend of liberty.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I breezed through my Walmart today to see if they had ammo marked down or removed and no. Everything was the same at mine. No ammo marked down on sale and no ammo was missing from any handgun or short barrel rifle caliber. No posted signs about anything either. Only ammo that was gone was dove hunting oriented shells.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
By the way... if you would like to let Wal Mart and Kroger know your opinion of their decisions concerning banning open carry and, most importantly, joining the anti gun efforts of Bloomberg and the anti gun organizations he funds.....

Wal Mart corporate

800-925-6278

Kroger corporate

513-762-4000

And apparently Meijer is considering joining Wal Mart and Kroger so if you would like to influence their decision...

616-453-6711

My personal concern is not the open carry but is those multi million dollar mega corporations helping the anti gun organizations push their agenda.

Reactions: baren

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Wal Mart and Kroger are denying entry to those who openly carry guns. This is their right to control who is, and why they are, allowed entry. And their right to do that is equally as important as my right to bear arms. I would be a hypocrite if I were to expect or demand they respect my right to openly bear arms while disrespecting their right to deny entry to those who do so.

Wal Mart and Kroger not wanting folks to open carry on/in their property is disappointing but isn't cause to stop supporting them by shopping there. What is cause for ALL in the gun community (and I do mean ALL of us! even if it is inconvenient) to stop supporting (and funding!) the anti gun agenda of any business by spending our money there is when that business aligns itself with the likes of Bloomberg and any/all of the other anti gun folks/organizations. Like Wal Mart has done.

This is also how I feel-not allowing open carry is one thing-but joining hands with haters of our rights is quite another.For a large corporation to take on a political stance and not expect push back is insane.
I will not let them use profits from my purchases to destroy my rights-so I will not make any purchases at that business.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
I'll admit I used to buy my target 9mm ammo at WM.
The last time I was there, they had 50 round boxes of Federal 115 grain...brass cased for 8.00 $ per box. (about the same for the 100 round boxes)
That's cheaper than I've been finding for similar ammo online.
Now, I have one less option.
I wonder if this isn't just another step to help the powers-that-be to track ammo purchases more easily via credit cards and the google/microsoft juggernaut??

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
My wife's dad did 28 years with Wal Mart, retiring as district manager in 2005. We ate lunch today and his first comment was, " can you believe those idiots at Wal Mart, what are they thinking?"

·
Super Moderator
16,151 Posts
My wife's dad did 28 years with Wal Mart, retiring as district manager in 2005. We ate lunch today and his first comment was, " can you believe those idiots at Wal Mart, what are they thinking?"
They were not.

61 - 80 of 136 Posts