Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a thread on here mentioning how their ammo is not in the open but being put in locked cases. That's nothing new here, it's been that way for awhile. However, today.... I was in 2 different Walmarts that always carried handgun ammo and both had changed everything around and only had 'hunting ' ammo (for rifles). There were NO spots for handgun ammo, that was now for GPS's. I asked about it and they said, Walmart is going to eliminate carrying any handgun ammo and carry 'rifle' ammo only. Ironic, they had lots of .223 there.

Anyone seeing this happen in their areas ? ? Is some quiet little thing going on here with Walmart and their policy ??

Around here, you either get it at Walmart, or at 1 of 2 gun ranges, Gander Mtn, or Sports Authority and all of those are way over-priced. So, getting handgun ammo may now be restricted to on-line resources.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I was in Wal-mart a few days ago and saw 10 boxes of .40 win. pdx1
That's the first decent ammo I've seen in a while.
We still have ammo.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I keep on seeing more and more appear around here. I just got a box of .380's for my new LCP. I walked by the case and my jaw dropped. To bad there was only one box.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I hope they keep on selling it. I always see 40S&W now, and yes...plenty of the Federal .223 100ct boxes still for under $40. I've seen some PD ammo show up as well. Just this evening bought a box of 40S&W Winchester Bonded PDX1 180gr JHP for $21.97. Looks just like the old Black Talon ammo but not black.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's not a matter of "having ammo", they are eliminating the shelf space, etc. and will no longer be carrying any handgun ammo. There is no longer even a spot for it in the ammo cases.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Sounds like the elimination for that particular store only. If they decided to make it a store wide policy, that would be detrimental. Where else can one buy a value pack of 9mm 100 count ammo for $20.97? and 45 ACP Value Pack 100 count for $30.00??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same here in Michigan at the store I frequent they have plenty of ammo but it sells out almost as soon as they put it out! I was told to call in the morning around 7am and the manager can tell me whats coming in and when I should come in to pick it up.

Tom j.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Mine still stocks Handgun ammo and i hope that doesnt change. Its the only place I can get cheap 45 and 380.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
This doesn't surprise me,
A while back a WM manager told me that WM was getting out of the 'gun business' and also said they were cutting back on their ammo selection.

I was assured they would keep selling hand gun ammo because of the high demand.

We'll see

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
I find it a bit ironic that WalMart is backing off on selling pistol ammo, and one usually needs an extra mag when in one of their parking lots.:rolleyes::rolleyes::comeandgetsome:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well the first issue is that you are shopping at WalMart...... Walmart has cheap ammo and times are tough, but call me elitist or what have you, but my hard earned buck is not going to support gun control!!!!!!! Pay a couple bucks more at you local gun shop, you can rest soundly knowing that the money you spent wont be supporting anti-gun organizations like Mayors Against Guns or Micheal Bloomberg. Plus the conversation is better at your local gun shop, there is no WalMart greeter and the guy/girl behind the counter will know the difference between 147g or 125g ammo and wont be some snot nose kid (but a snot nose kid in a gun shop wouldn't be that bad). America was built by great citizens that took a stand, maybe its time we as great citizens should take a stand!!!!!!!! So, when big organizations like Walmart have their way and we loose our guns and rights, don't come crying to me. Just my 2 cents worth........

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Pay a couple bucks more at you local gun shop
I do everything I can to support my favorite gun shop. If it was only a couple bucks more, I'd buy there in a minute. Unfortunately, it's a lot more than a couple bucks. :frown:

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I almost never buy my ammo from Wal-Mart it is almost always from local gun stores or chain sporting goods stores like Sportsmans Warehouse.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I see most of the Walmarts around here being remodeled to accommodate for grocery isles, but so far all of the ones that went through the change still carry handgun ammo (when they have it, that is).

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
i got five wal marts in my town with several more within a 20 mile drive. so when i am out i can check 10 or better wal marts in a week. only one is located close to the "inner city". this store does not carry any pistol ammo and a small section of rifle/shotgun ammo. a very small section. i was talking with the person that runs the sporting good section and he told me that because of the store location next to/inside the inner city they were directed not to sell pistol ammo and guns. i have seen that the stores that are away from downtown still have a large space setup for ammo and they also have long guns. they don't have pistol/rifle ammo, just empty space. but they got shotgun ammo. maybe shotguns are the way to go.

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
I prefer to buy ammo at a local Ace Hardware -- a few hundred yards from a Walmart -- rather than support gun control and China wholesale.

·
Registered
99 Posts
...and one usually needs an extra mag when in one of their parking lots.

Are you saying...?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts