Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This happened just yesterday in this large, college (Univ of MO-Columbia, Univ of MO System, Columbia College, Stephens College, more) and insurance company (State Farm, Shelter, more) town that happens to be the seat of a county in central MO: https://www.columbiamissourian.com/news/local/police-identify-suspect-in-late-friday-night-walmart-shots-fired/article_6c33a56c-3a23-11ea-bfac-3b5b25169507.html.

"The Columbia Police Department responded to a report of shots fired at the Walmart on West Broadway late Friday evening, according to a news release from the Police Department.

"When officers arrived around 11:30 p.m., they began investigating and canvassing the scene. The officers found several shell casings, as well as damage to the Walmart storefront and windows, according to the release.

"Upon investigation, the officers learned there was a physical confrontation between a Walmart employee and a person who was in a restricted part of the store. The employee approached the individual, and the conversation eventually turned physical, according to information provided in the release.

"The individual was carrying a gun with an extended magazine. The Walmart employee took control of the magazine but not the gun. The individual then ran toward the front of the store and fired multiple shots, according to the release."

Be careful out there!

rx7sig

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
In Texas, there is a buzz word everybody who held/holds a CHL, or now a LTC, probably knows: Wally-walk.

It refers to the first time a new licensee carries concealed in public. The thought being if you were "outed" ar Wal-Mart, you were not concealing properly.

I guess that may still be a valid buzz-word, but it has become a lot different than it used to be. :embarassed:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I mean if it was a glock with a 33rd mag, I dont really know any other word than "extended" that describes it.
The article didn’t specify, so we don’t know for sure. But the libs and MSM love to relabel and/or misrepresent things, like how they call any semi automatic rifle with a detachable mag an “assault rifle,” which isn’t true. So what they call “extended,” may or may not truly be an extended mag.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Well, one of the benefits to using a divorced from reality, completely fabricated term like "Assault" rifle is that since it's entirely fiction, you can call it anything you like; and of course, they do.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Banned
705 Posts
In Texas, there is a buzz word everybody who held/holds a CHL, or now a LTC, probably knows: Wally-walk.

It refers to the first time a new licensee carries concealed in public. The thought being if you were "outed" ar Wal-Mart, you were not concealing properly.

I guess that may still be a valid buzz-word, but it has become a lot different than it used to be. :embarassed:
I think you're missing my point. I'm starting to hear this term "extended magazine" popping up on the News more and more frequently.

It's almost like the news reader is EMPHASIZING that the gun had an extended magazine. That's why I'm beginning to suspect that "extended magazines" are going to be the next big push and they're already getting the propaganda out there.

I mean if it was a glock with a 33rd mag, I dont really know any other word than "extended" that describes it.
Why is the fact that it was an extended magazine relevant?

·
Registered
5,901 Posts
In these situations you can also exchange the word Walmart for Wafflehouse!:image035:

·
Registered
488 Posts
The extended magazine is akin to focusing on the fact that a bank robber was driving a hot rod Lincoln. Or maybe it was a Chevy. Or maybe it wasn't really a hot rod. Let's not forget that the bank got robbed!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Well, one of the benefits to using a divorced from reality, completely fabricated term like "Assault" rifle is that since it's entirely fiction, you can call it anything you like; and of course, they do.
Off topic, but one of the Nazi combat rifles, which was an early high capacity automatic rifle much like an AK47, was called "Sturmgewehr" which translates to "assault rifle". Like "carbine", "machine gun", or "riot gun", the term "assault rifle" is tied to a specific set of characteristics that describe a class of light military rifles.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
I think you're missing my point. I'm starting to hear this term "extended magazine" popping up on the News more and more frequently.
I suppose you missed the location where the extended magazine was grabbed?

·
Super Moderator
16,117 Posts
Off topic, but one of the Nazi combat rifles, which was an early high capacity automatic rifle much like an AK47, was called "Sturmgewehr" which translates to "assault rifle". Like "carbine", "machine gun", or "riot gun", the term "assault rifle" is tied to a specific set of characteristics that describe a class of light military rifles.
But facts like that do not fit the controller’s agenda, guns must be banned, guns must be banned, guns must be banned, that is their mantra.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
"Extended magazines" have already been gone after in a number of states that have banned anything that can hold more than 10 rounds.

As for Wally World, in my area I tend to avoid most of their stores as they seem to have a magnetic attraction to lunatics and trash. There is a lot to this story that appears to be missing. My negative impression of journalism increases daily.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts