1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
they already caught the guy. that was quick.
3 dead after shooting at a Colorado Walmart, suspect arrested - ABC News

How anyone could think they can get away with a criminal act in open public in today's world of cameras looking down from every angle is a mystery. But then some just don't care and are looking for a ticket back into the system of free meals and lodging at the gray bar hotel.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
This is VERY close to my house. In fact, several friends of mine shop at that Walmart frequently. I'm glad they caught the guy already. Hopefully, he'll let the world know his reasons, so we can look forward to prevention/future readiness.

·
Registered
821 Posts
This is VERY close to my house. In fact, several friends of mine shop at that Walmart frequently. I'm glad they caught the guy already. Hopefully, he'll let the world know his reasons, so we can look forward to prevention/future readiness.
Yup, close to me also. My wife called on her way into school this morning to say that there was "something" going on. Turns out, this was it.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Yeah, the Thornton PD tweeted that they had a suspect, and then that they had him in custody. The two were so close together, I read them nearly consecutively. Thornton's not known for its high crime rate, so this has shaken a ton of people to their core in the area. Sadly, too many of them jumped to the "ban all guns" bandwagon.
They need to be shaken up. Its unfortunate though that they jumped to the wrong conclusion.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
They need to be shaken up. Its unfortunate though that they jumped to the wrong conclusion.
No arguments here. While I'm highly Libertarian in my political beliefs (with a slight Right lean), a hell of a lot of my friends have swallowed the Democratic Blue Pill whole.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
It's always the conclusion. People (in general) always seek the 'easy' way out; expecting someone to solve their problems for them. The fantasy that banning guns will somehow make bad things not happen is typical. And it's a mentality that we're eventually going to lose out to. Hopefully not anytime soon but the writing has been on the wall for years. Not that we shouldn't fight against it at every opportunity...

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
Am I the only one suspicious of this shooting coming so soon after the New York truck terrorist attack?

New York didn't really involve guns and everyone realizes the stupidity of banning rental trucks. It seems almost like someone had to step up and take one for the Anti-gun team and move the focus back to guns.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
Am I the only one suspicious of this shooting coming so soon after the New York truck terrorist attack?

New York didn't really involve guns and everyone realizes the stupidity of banning rental trucks. It seems almost like someone had to step and take one for the Anti-gun team and move the focus back to guns.
As incredibly nuts as it sounds, I don't think you can fully discount it as a possibility, especially when you consider the black hole surrounding any motive or motivation for the Las Vegas attack. When absolutely nothing is coming forth, there's a reason.

·
Registered
860 Posts
No way to defend against that shooting. He casually walked into the store pulled out a gun and shot into a group of people. geez

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
I used to joke about this, but now I am starting to get serious. I know shootings can and do happen anywhere, but how many have we heard of at WalMarts? Lots There is even a website called "Shootings at Walmart." It is still live, but inactive. But when they were tracking, that site reported Walmarts were averaging one and half shootings a week across the country for two years running. I don't think any other national venue even comes close to that.

I think staying away from Walmart is a good defensive strategy. Add to that it is not a great chain to begin with. Add to that that you can now shop online at Walmart and have stuff delivered, like Amazon. I have my answer!

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
It sounds like this shooting was over in just a few seconds with the perp exiting stage right immediately. This being Colorado, if the event lasted much longer, there is a good chance return fire would be inbound.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
You're not the only one suspicious, no. Media outlets went straight for the "shooting" claims in NYC before they even really knew what happened. Las Vegas is still an unknown, yes, and we're at this point probably never going to find out. What people never seem to want to understand, is that things like this have happened many times in history. Governments can and have done these sorts of shenanigans.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
We had a similar shooting event at our local Walmart last year... turned out it was a love triangle gone sour.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
No way to defend against that shooting. He casually walked into the store pulled out a gun and shot into a group of people. geez
The only way to be prepared is to be prepared to draw and fire instantly if you're not the first victim.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Exactly, no time for heroics, disarming, tactics, etc. Just pull your trigger and drop them.
A faster presentation to first shot than not may make all the difference in a scenario like this. And people think it's a waste of time to practice to be as fast as possible at accessing and getting a shot on threat? This scenario may give one second and no more to get a shot on the guy.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts