Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
So....in my gambling days, if I lost at Blackjack to a hot dealer, it wasn’t nearly as painful. But I never worried about catching something that could KILL me either.

The Walmart scenario is a different matter all together.....:yup:
You could have just as easily caught something that could have killed you from others long before this "epidemic" and long after it if you were over a particular age and/or had a compromised immune system. It's by design, it how has been throughout history, and it's how it will be until the human race goes extinct.

My educated guess is that the current virus is still going to spread. It isn't going to disappear. People who get it will get sick, get over it, and their bodies will be able to better handle it next time around. The old and/or sickly who don't get it now, but get it in the future will still die from it. The only difference is that no one will care anymore because it will become common just like with the flu and the hundreds of thousands who die from that every year, and the deaths will be spread out.

·
Registered
895 Posts
She was probably running a high fever and not thinking straight. Maybe even hallucinating. Her voice was probably gone cause of her sore through and she was trying to ask for a tissue?

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Did she cut into the line? There are a whole lot of reasons why I don't want anybody in my personal space, let alone touching me. Before the cv came along some guy came up beside me and started talking nonsense. He had a kind of look on his face like he was very uncomfortable and afraid that he would get caught. I was glad that I had my credit cards in a foil lined packet because he might have had a card scanner.
Right now I think that I would cough on anybody who tried to touch me.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I went to Trader Joes yesterday. There were 4 shoppers in front of me. A young lady was standing, pointing out the disinfecting material, so you could wipe the carts handle. There was tape on the ground, 6' apart, no one had seen it, the young employee had not noticed it either? At 84 years of age, I am kind of older? But I do worry about the younger generation. I did manage to score two boxes of 3 buck chuck! $35.00 for 12. bottles of Merlot.
Eight weeks of wine for we old guys. Clinking glasses, "Cheers" with supper. Being shut in gets easier, yes?

Carrying my Glock 4th Gen Glock 19, with a spare G17 extra magazine, all ready for a gunfight (No, it did not happen) has not done so up to now. But it does seem to top off my comfort zone though. Love Florida!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
What if she had been coughing Corona virus on that hand? Hope you didn't touch infected area then your face.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
maybe she was just trying to brush the cat hair off of your sleeve....lol.

My sister, who is 70, went to a restaurant the other day and she said that while she was in the lobby area waiting for a table, a woman behind burst out loudly, "SIX FEET PEOPLE!! SIX FEET!!!. Sometimes I guess you just have to get people's attention. :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
I wear my tin foil hat when I have to go somewhere. The only people who try to interact with me are other tin foil hat wearers - and they are easily frightened away!

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Stopped by this afternoon. Was in checkout line when a lady crowded right up next to me (everyone else was observing proper spacing). I stepped away from her, and she reached out and wiped her hand down my arm. I politely said, "Ma'am, please don't touch me" and stepped further away. She gave me a dirty look and did it again, whereupon I said quietly but in a much sterner tone, "Don't touch me". After that, she left me alone. What is up with some of these people?
Aw, come on.

You meet the nicest people in Walmarts.

·
Premium Member
129 Posts
To Hell with Shopping in the Supermarket. I have Diabetes, Lung Disease from working at 9/11, and Cancer. If I catch it it's probably a death Sentence. I use Instacart, and have the Young Ladies do my shopping. They leave my order in front of my Garage Door, and I give the Girls a 10% Tip. Never have to go near the Store

Attachments

·
Registered
34,024 Posts
To Hell with Shopping in the Supermarket. I have Diabetes, Lung Disease from working at 9/11, and Cancer. If I catch it it's probably a death Sentence. I use Instacart, and have the Young Ladies do my shopping. They leave my order in front of my Garage Door, and I give the Girls a 10% Tip. Never have to go near the Store
Probably should have worn that mask on your face.

Reactions: M1911A1 and APX-9M

·
Registered
34,024 Posts
Yeah I did until FEMA told us that the Air was Safe to Breath. They will say whatever’s required to accomplish the mission
You fell for the "We're from FEMA and we're here to help you" line, eh?

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
maybe she was just trying to brush the cat hair off of your sleeve....lol.

My sister, who is 70, went to a restaurant the other day and she said that while she was in the lobby area waiting for a table, a woman behind burst out loudly, "SIX FEET PEOPLE!! SIX FEET!!!. Sometimes I guess you just have to get people's attention. :)
I'm surprised there are any sit down restaurants still open anywhere in the country. I'm also surprised someone 70 years old would go to one unless she they have a death wish.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts