Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Walther P38 I inherited after my dad passed away 2 monthes ago.Family history is my great Uncle Floyd got it from a captured German soldier during WWII.He passed away in 1998 and my dad inherited it from him.I do have the paperwork still on that and love the gun.Dad and I did have it out shooting rounds a few times and works fine since it was taken care of very well.It is from 1939 and have been offered money for it which I have turned down the offer.I have the original case and holster too.Not going to sell it keeping it in the family,my oldest son Shawn likes it too and going to him the day I go.How much is it worth?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Don't know the value of it . With the provenance you have and the case and holster I would venture that it will be on the high end . Had one myself and have kicked myself many times for parting with it .

·
Administrator
144,136 Posts
Take extra good care of the holster etc. Adds to the value of the firearm. :yup:

·
Registered
9,894 Posts
p38 are all over the places ..From 450 bucks for a post war import to 2k or more for the rarer factory ones

Having the capture papers helps a lot ..But you need good info on it ..Photos , Markings etc etc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts