Defensive Carry banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
The PP series are very accurate guns; that fixed barrel does the trick for me.
I agree. In 1994, I challenged a gentleman with a 1911 to a 25 yard silhouette shoot. 12 rounds, and we were allowed to spot the first three.

He laughed and laughed until we brought the targets in.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I love the feel, the excellent accuracy potential, and natural (for me) pointability of the PP and PPK/s. Two things, however, have worked against me. It has been difficult to find a sufficiently-reliable Walther. And, as I got older, I started getting slide bite.

My wife has a beautiful PP, .380, which is reliable.

I have a German-made PPK/s, which was submerged during Hurricane Harvey, so it looks like it has been through a war. Mechanically, it seems OK, but the finish is mostly gone, so I reckon it is a non-sellable “shooter,” except for the slide-bite part. Maybe I will bevel and polish the parts of the slIde that saw my skin, and see if I can get it runnin’.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
I love the feel, the excellent accuracy potential, and natural (for me) pointability of the PP and PPK/s. Two things, however, have worked against me. It has been difficult to find a sufficiently-reliable Walther. And, as I got older, I started getting slide bite.

My wife has a beautiful PP, .380, which is reliable.

I have a German-made PPK/s, which was submerged during Hurricane Harvey, so it looks like it has been through a war. Mechanically, it seems OK, but the finish is mostly gone, so I reckon it is a non-sellable “shooter,” except for the slide-bite part. Maybe I will bevel and polish the parts of the slIde that saw my skin, and see if I can get it runnin’.
As far as reliability goes, I’ve found a lot of aftermarket grips will impede the transfer bar and slow the action down enough to cause malfunctioning. Stick with the stock grips and don’t try to change too much. I did find the 17 lb recoil spring makes my .380s run smoother. No problems at all with a .32ACP using round nose ball ammo of 71-73 grains. Just my take. I trust mine enough to carry them. Don’t go trying to polish the internals and leave well enough alone. They can be finicky about what ammo they like best; find that and stick to it. I have great results with Fiocchi, GECO, and PPU (Privi Partizan) ammo; not so good with flat-nosed rounds like WWB. Those tend to hang up in the chamber; a FTF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Picked up another PPK/S today, a LNIB stainless in .32ACP. It came with box, manual, target, cleaning rod etc like it just rolled off the line! Can't wait to get it to the range and get it dirty!
PPKS .32ACP.jpg

PPKS .32ACP Left.jpg
PPKS .32ACP right.jpg

·
Registered
62 Posts
No Walther for me but I on occasion will carry a Sig P232 or P230.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk
Have one of these in black. Was looking at the PPK, but didn't like the feel in the hand, nor the take-down method. The P232 was about the same price in 2009. Had issues with failure to ignite on a regular basis with this. A 2nd strike typically worked 9/10 times when it happened. I'd say 1 of every 14-21 rounds failed. Finally sent it back to Sig, and they replaced 3 parts, including the grips. Works fine now. I had a P290RS that also had failure to ignite issues. I traded that away. Not a Sig fan.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Have one of these in black. Was looking at the PPK, but didn't like the feel in the hand, nor the take-down method. The P232 was about the same price in 2009. Had issues with failure to ignite on a regular basis with this. A 2nd strike typically worked 9/10 times when it happened. I'd say 1 of every 14-21 rounds failed. Finally sent it back to Sig, and they replaced 3 parts, including the grips. Works fine now. I had a P290RS that also had failure to ignite issues. I traded that away. Not a Sig fan.
I'm a little of a Sig Snob. I have two P230 and two P232 in addition to my other Sigs.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

41 - 46 of 46 Posts