Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had my Walther for about 3 weeks (give or take a few days); have shot 300-400 rounds so far; today at the range had another jam [have been having several but thought it was due to ammo being used], dropped clip, cleared barrel, and the ejector clip fell out the butt!

Anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Sorry, not familiar with Walthers.

It's a good thing it wasn't a Taurus or you would be required to rub it with garlic, drive a stake through it, and then burn it in a sacrificial ceremony in a dark cave at midnight and hang the remains on a stick at the entrance as a warning to all of the evils they posess.

·
Registered
176 Posts
No, I haven't had that problem, but as far as the jams go, mine didn't stop all of the jamming until after about 600 rounds went through it. I was just about at the point of getting rid of it when it started acting right. I even took it to a gunsmith at about 350 rounds and he told me to "just keep shooting it". Now, she is a sweet shooter. Haven't had any hiccups what so ever in about the last 1000 rounds or so.

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
Was this a S&W made Walther? If so, send it back to Smith & Wesson, get it repaired and sell it. I went thru many and could not get a reliable one. They are fun guns, easy to carry concealed, and have a certain appeal to them. However, they are not reliable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts