Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new so please indulge me if I've missed this info somewhere on the board. I did my best to look everywhere, but couldn't find specifics. I'm 5'6", 155-160 and have a slim athletic build. I just added a Walther PPS to my CCW stable and need to carry VERY concealed (That sort of thing is "off limits" at my workplace). I wear Docker pants and polo shirts, always tucked. I'm dizzy with all of the options I've found, so I'd like to hear from ya'll.
Here's what I'm considering as options:
High Noon (Tail Gate Horsehide) $150
Tucker (Answer or Texas Heritage) $100-$125
K&D (Thunderbird Defender) $95
MTAC $80
Crossbreed (Mini-tuck Horsehide) $71 (w/NRA discount)
Kholster (Crescent) $45
I have already dismissed Desantis Tuck this and Galco Stow & Go (I'm sure they are ok, but not exactly for my application)
I realize I have a pretty good set of options, but I'm trying my best to avoid the "potato chip" method (Can't stop at one...)
My BUG is a Beretta Tomcat in a PocketHolster.com custom (HIGHLY Recommended!) or Uncle Mike's Ankle. I don't think I could pull off total, non-printing carry of my Stoeger Cougar 8040F eventhough it is my first choice for fending off BG's.
Sorry for the rambling and I appreciate your words of wisdom.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have a MTAC Minatour that I carry my PPS in its comfortable and just simply disappears under a Polo shirt in warm weather and a golf vest or windbreaker in cooler weather.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you insist in jeopardizing your job to carry while at work, then you should seriously look into invisible holsters, like SmartCarry or other crouch style. It's highly unlikely that a co-worker will play with your zipper, while at work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks to all for your suggestions...Especially you Uncle Dannie! I appreciate your words of wisdom from one Texan to another and have decided to forego the work scenario...for now (don't have another employer lined up just yet...)
I made the decision to go with a Pro TL IWB tuckable from HBE Leatherworks. Got the Saddle Tan basic model for $119 and a dress leather belt to match for another $70. Sure it cost a little more, but wait til you see the pic's of my newest "Black & Tan"...Just heard back from Eric yesterday and I should have it in my hands by 1/4/10...Happy and Safe New Year is what I'm planning on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts