Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to be a Walther PPK fan about 25 year ago but rid of several only because I was young and needed the money. I recently have been looking at the 9mm PPS. I like how thin the gun is but the trigger on the gun's I have dry fired many times while looking feel like they have grit or sand on them. Is this just me or has onyone elso noticed this. I have and still own a couple glocks and XD and the triggers seem much smoother. I have shot what I own and they are sweet. I am shying away thus far on the PPS due to what I noted above. Any input appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
19,011 Posts
While I notice some grit to the trigger pull, it doesn't seem too bad to me. It seems to have got better the more I have shot it too.

·
Registered
88 Posts
My wife owns a 9mm PPS which she bought new. I have fired it quite a bit. The trigger is a little gritty at first but after several hundered rounds it has smoothed out nicely.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
PPS is my favorite gun. I have nearly a dozen EDC class pistols and the PPS gets the nod every day. The trigger smooths out after a couple boxes of range ammo.

·
Premium Member
6,002 Posts
My wife had a PPS for a while. I ran several hundred rounds thru it. Extremely accurate pistol from my experience. However, I don't really trust Walthers for defensive carry, just my opinion, yours may vary.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I posted, I was always a Walther fan. Everytime I look at the PPS at my local gun store the person there says "surely your not going to replace your Glock 26 with that (meaning PPS) are you? The trigger is definetely gritty feeling new on the PPS

·
Registered
110 Posts
The trigger improves a great deal after a few hundred rounds, and I will echo the sentiments above that after it breaks in the break is much better than a Glock.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Try an advanced search on thread title with PPS in the title. You'll probably get more info and opinions than you want. A quick search returned 115 threads with PPS in the title.

Hoss

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hey locally they have PPS's at $585 is that a decent price they have the 9mm and I think the .40 both $585
Around me they want $625 to $650

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey locally they have PPS's at $585 is that a decent price they have the 9mm and I think the .40 both $585
$580 at BudsGunShop.com and no state sales tax. The sales tax is always what ruins buying locally for me. :(

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Right around $600 dollars in Va. for a new one...........used as hard to find! They are good guns, BUT A LITTLE OVER PRICED....& I own one!

·
Registered
260 Posts
The lack of smoothness throughout the trigger pull is caused by the firing pin spring bugling against the side of the firing pin "tunnel" as the spring compresses.

To minimize this, remove the firing pin and using a Q-tip, clean and lube the tunnel. Do not over lubricate! Excessive lube in this area will follow the firing pin, exit the firing pin hole and contact the primer of the chambered round. Not a good thing.
The above comment was posted on the PPS Forum

·
Registered
42 Posts
PPS is a pretty neat little gun, I was really sold on one until 2 things happened. 1) The fact that a snap on backstrap will disable if bumped loose. 2) Shot both it and a Kahr P9 and CW9... Although the recoil on the PPS is perfectly fine the Kahr shoots much softer with a better trigger to boot. Plus its just as thin of a gun with less weight.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
$580 at BudsGunShop.com and no state sales tax. The sales tax is always what ruins buying locally for me. :(
is that their delivered price or is there shipping..thats normally what kills it for me the shipping. but i know a lot if not all Buds are delivered price

·
Registered
484 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
TrackReady;1451819... I was really sold on one until 2 things happened. 1) The fact that a snap on backstrap will disable if bumped loose. .[/QUOTE said:
I've carried the PPS for 9 months and love it. The trigger has gotten smoother with use (Lot's of dry fire with snap caps).

I am not a fan of the 'backstrap safety' but I never take mine off to strip the gun. As for 'bumping' it loose, a bump that hard would break my hip. Dropping it from waist high won't do it and please don't ask me how I know this!

Overall, I like this gun because it shoots well and is so easy to conceal.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts