Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
23 Posts
1st dont drop your firearm! we all learned that in basic training if not before from dad, granddad, uncle, mom, grandmother,....

2nd there is nothing new in basic gun design. all of it is 100 years old give or take. WHY ALL THE RECALLS? HAVEN'T WE GOT THIS FIGURED OUT BY NOW. or is it
that the gun co. are trying to make a few $ more by letting quality control side.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
One word...

UMAREX

·
Super Moderator
24,656 Posts
I won't be sending mine in. They shoot just fine and I don't want that changing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
THEY'RE DOING IT FOR FREE.

The upgrade will be performed by Walther for free, thankfully no cheapo gun owner will go on carrying a potentially unsafe firearm thanks to the recall being handled the right way.
So, you, @mnarcher, won't have a FREE service completed on your CCP to make it SAFER for you or any subsequent owners? That is ridiculous, selfish, and irresponsible as well.

You, of all people, that want to start threads about AIWB, or Kydex, and rail and rant about things you know nothing about, refuse a recall from a manufacturer? I suppose you think you know better? More than

the manufacturer?

I don't understand, cricket, I just don't understand............... SMH...............And to top it off, you state you work in security, and a gun store part time? That's the height of ignorance and irresponsibility my friend.

At least do this right, and send it in........... :yup:

·
Banned
19,639 Posts

So, you, @mnarcher, won't have a FREE service completed on your CCP to make it SAFER for you or any subsequent owners? That is ridiculous, selfish, and irresponsible as well.

You, of all people, that want to start threads about AIWB, or Kydex, and rail and rant about things you know nothing about, refuse a recall from a manufacturer? I suppose you think you know better? More than

the manufacturer?

I don't understand, cricket, I just don't understand............... SMH...............And to top it off, you state you work in security, and a gun store part time? That's the height of ignorance and irresponsibility my friend.

What can we expect, he's an archer, not a gun guy. :redface:

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Jeez, down boys, hehe. Granted I'm on your side really. If there is a serious chance of it going off, then it's the smart move to have them deal with it. Probably the last thing they want is a Taurus situation (probably know what I'm referring to). On the other hand, I get it, there have been guns that have come back with bad triggers (XD recall comes to mind) or otherwise feeling less than great. But, safety issues have got to come before anything else. My guess is that either an engineer sat around and thought up a hypothetical situation or a customer called in because theirs went off. Drops can happen to anyone, so it's better to be safe than sorry and to avoid a massive class action lawsuit.

·
Super Moderator
18,789 Posts
Thanks to Rock & Glock for catching that error and for making a very instructive and educational post.

That's "post-graduate" moderating right there, to combat an incident where someone just thoughtlessly opened their head and dumped its unwise contents into a Forum post.

·
Premium Member
8,121 Posts
1st dont drop your firearm! we all learned that in basic training if not before from dad, granddad, uncle, mom, grandmother,....

2nd there is nothing new in basic gun design. all of it is 100 years old give or take. WHY ALL THE RECALLS? HAVEN'T WE GOT THIS FIGURED OUT BY NOW. or is it
that the gun co. are trying to make a few $ more by letting quality control side.
Obviously you have never had a gun fall out of a holster when sitting on the toilet!

Nothing new? Perhaps in BASIC gun design, but people with much more historical knowledge than I have could list many dozens of changes: From hammer blocks now in revolvers; to grip safeties; to internal locks; to internal safeties; to single recoil springs vs. double recoil springs vs. loose ones vs. captured ones - and on and on. I note that you qualified your statement with "give or take". That covers a LOT of changes that have been made.

Does a gun still look like a gun? Yeah, most of the time.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts

the manufacturer?

This is the best post I've ever seen on an internet forum.
Thank You Rock and Glock!

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I won't be sending mine in. They shoot just fine and I don't want that changing.

:vs_poop:
If and when your gun is dropped and a fatality or injury results, it should definitely be considered a NEGLIGENT DISCHARGE.
..............especially now that you've stated on an internet forum that you are aware of the recall and will not have it repaired per the recall notification.

Reactions: OD*

·
Premium Member
1,332 Posts

You Will drop it. At least I did. (not a walther)

·
Banned
50 Posts
Thanks to Rock & Glock for catching that error and for making a very instructive and educational post.

That's "post-graduate" moderating right there, to combat an incident where someone just thoughtlessly opened their head and dumped its unwise contents into a Forum post.
No, it's not. It's bantering. At its best. Moronic.

·
Super Moderator
18,789 Posts
No, it's not. It's bantering. At its best. Moronic.
Forum banter's one thing. Promoting moronic error in the matter of safety is another.

Don't continue to serve as such an example.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts