Defensive Carry banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like to find a very small range bag with 8 or more magazine pockets and many more pockets for loaders and ear plugs and other junk. It would be nice if it had room for a .45 in the bigger compartment. Shoulder strap included. Like for it to be kind of heavy made. But not leather.

·
Administrator
21,095 Posts
Would like to find a very small range bag with 8 or more magazine pockets and many more pockets for loaders and ear plugs and other junk. It would be nice if it had room for a .45 in the bigger compartment. Shoulder strap included. Like for it to be kind of heavy made. But not leather.
Well, is it to be very small or have room for all that stuff?

Midway has some nice bags:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/939167522/midwayusa-compact-competition-range-bag

By nature most anything with a shoulder strap is going to be bigger.

Sent via Tapatalk, and still using real words.

·
Registered
6,066 Posts
Unless you want to spend a bunch of money check out tool bags Craftsman makes some nice ones that are heavier duty than many range bags and they are usually reasonably priced. I have been using them for years... of course they are not "tactical" but my AR and Glock mags don't know it!:blink:

·
Administrator
21,095 Posts
Unless you want to spend a bunch of money check out tool bags Craftsman makes some nice ones that are heavier duty than many range bags and they are usually reasonably priced. I have been using them for years... of course they are not "tactical" but my AR and Glock mags don't know it!:blink:
I use a large tool bag from Home Depot most of the time most times.

Sent via Tapatalk, and still using real words.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Bulldog Cases Colt Logo Range Bag Black Soft CLT-52 672352008463 My cousin bought me one like this for Christmas, and I love it! It's got room for 2 pistols, 8 small pockets for magazines, a large front pocket that will hold two 50 round boxes of .45 ammo, or whatever you want to put in it that would fit that volume, and a small rear pocket. It comes in handy for a quick trip to the range!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a box/bag from academy last yr. it was a ammo box that had a bag over it that had 1 zipper compartment that you could slide 2 pistols in and the other side would hold 4 mags and 1 zipper bag on each end for other stuff and then you had the box for ammo or other stuff you need it works well for at the range and I also have a range out back so I just carry what I need out back.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Ebay, Amazon, etc.
I am partial to Allen.
But picked up 2 nice smallish Eddie Baur bags at Goodwill for a couple of bucks.

·
Registered
8,889 Posts
+1 on Midway. All of their bags are great value for the money.

·
Registered
632 Posts
My son-in-law gave me a Blackhawk range bag that I really like. Shoulder strap, room for up to four pistols, mags, eyes & ears, and ammo. I also like the G. P. S. bags. Both available on Amazon.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I used a soft tool bag (Stanley).
Inexpensive and doesn't scream GUN! Lots of pockets inside and out.
Then I was given a tool bag at work. It says "Dot, 1 year injury free".
It doesn't scream TOOLS!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think that I will give that Bulldog CLT-52 a try because it looks like it is really small and light but has about everything that I want in a bag. I can always cover the colt emblem if it gets to be a problem. I have worn a Smith and Wesson cap for a couple of years now and nobody has noticed that it says Smith and Wesson on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts