Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife was given a SpringField Factory Shooter Range bag and this thing is pimp and I am now realizing my range bag is on her last legs. I am looking at the Dillon Precision range bag. I do recall checking out BagMaster at the SHOT Show and I do like their bags. I am leaning towards their Pro Tournie Bag Mod 1.

What range bags do you all have? I need some input/advice.

~A

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
My wife bought me the Galati Super Range Bag, a four gun bag that will actually carry six 1911s comfortably, plenty of ammunition, muffs, glasses, magazines and cleaning equipment. When mine is fully loaded it is almost too heavy to pick up. I plan to get a smaller one to tote to the range when I go. When I walk in the range with it they all think I am going to spend a week with them. :eek:

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump'r, do you have a URL for Galati???

~A

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Bumper. What do you wish the bag had??? How would you change it if you had the power to do so? What are its short comings and what are its benefits???

~A

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I use something that looks like a large gym bag, from GOAL (Gun Owners Action League). It is the blue bag in the lower left corner of the attached picture.

In it I have targets rolled up, spotting scope, two sets of earmuffs, glasses, large package of hand wipes, sometimes ammo (usually carry a .50 cal ammo box for that), speed-loading gear, paper towels, plastic bags for spent brass pickup, etc. It's heavy when it's loaded! Guns go in a gun case, on my hip or both. Cleaning gear and tools are in another box. I definitely look like I'm "gone for the day" when I arrive at the range! :biggrin:

None of the gun bags that I've looked at look like they will hold a spotting scope, targets, etc.

·
Super Moderator
19,008 Posts
I am still using my old duty gear bag. Not sure who makes it , or where i got it.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
APachon said:
thanks Bumper. What do you wish the bag had??? How would you change it if you had the power to do so? What are its short comings and what are its benefits???
I like everything about it, really, EXCEPT that it is just too damned big. They have a "Mini" Super Range Bag that I think would be about right. The fabric is very tough and the workmanship on mine is very good. But I have to tell ya, there are some really good bags out there. The Dillon bags were my second runner up and sizewise would have probably worked better for me. I will probably get the smaller Galati bag and use this one as a "transport" bag to carry all of my guns when I am going on a longer trip, carrying ammunition in a second bag.

It has lots of internal moveable dividers so it is pretty versatile on the setup of the bag. It has a single zipper down the middle that zips almost to the bottom making access very good without the double zipper tops. I really like the material it's made out of and there is lots of padding in the side pockets.

·
Premium Member
20,044 Posts
rocky said:
I am still using my old duty gear bag. Not sure who makes it , or where i got it.
Police duty bags make great range bags. Lots of compartments for different gear....

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I got the Dillon Precision range bag for Christmas a few years ago. It's a great bag - padded, durable and roomy.

I'm drooling for the iSHOT AR15 padded rifle case. :ubbloco:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey Apachon you need to check out the "I-SHOT" bags,especially their tournament bag.You sound just like me a month ago. I did a bunch of research and looking and got down to BagMaster and I-SHOT. You won't go wrong with either one, but i really like the my I-SHOT bag and especially the price.One last thing, the I-SHOT Tournament bag is a big bag,they offer a bag under this that is their most popular seller.They have a good wib site with all the info.Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ramtough, good on you for that recommendation. That is a sweet bag. Thank you so much. Do you all know anything about the Waller & Son's range bags??? So I am pretty much at a toss up between the iShot and the Bagmaster.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
are the sides of the iShot rigid, ie do they stand up and retain their shape???

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just ordered the iShot

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
plan on getting a new one myself and think i will go Ishot too... I need one like guy at the range has he carrys so much stuff its like a bag the airling people use with its own cart and wheels

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ram, can you do up a review on this bag as you already have it. I will add to your review when I get mine. I was quoted 2-5 days to have my bag.

~A

·
Registered
835 Posts
Plastic toolbox purchased for $8.99 at wally world... Holds cleaning supplies, muffs, a towel, a few screwdrivers, pliers, extra 10/22 mags, and a few other odds and ends. Someone mentioned a box of hand wipes, that'll probably get added before the next range trip. Good idea, thanx!

Ammo is in an ammo can, guns are in cases or holsters.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Shooting Hand Cleaner Tip

The last comment reminded me to share this info:

Here's a tip for hand cleaning when out at the range:

- Buy Moist Wipes (or similar) at places like BJ's, Costco's or Sam's Club. I bought a box of 720 wipes (there are in small, sealed packs inside big box) for ~$13 at Sam's Club where they have diapers and other baby supplies.
- If they are good enough for a baby's posterior, they have to be good enough to at least clean some of the lead and residue off our hands until we can hit a sink with soap.

A more expensive solution, but still reasonably priced, is something like D-Wipe Towels by Escatech, Inc., sold by Brownells (P/N 100-002-192) at $4.45/40 towels. [NOTE: Price is $3.56 if you get the C&R FFL or LE discount.]

·
Registered
90 Posts
Apachon i will try to do my best since I'm at my office at work and not at home looking at my bag.Here goes nothing. I purchased the Tournament bag because my other bag quickly got full.You will not have to worry about the bag standing on its own. I got the green and black 2-tone look,why because it looks good, its different, and i can pick my bag out from all the other "black" bags. When you open the bag you will notice the interior is roomy and you have compartments so if you do like me, my ammo{say 4 boxes}is in the middle,then i use the spaces on either side of my ammo for things like holsters,mag holder,my peltor ear muffs,etc.etc.Then you have on both ends of the interior{not talking about the outside yet}pockets that will hold things like can of gun scrubber,or whatever you want to put there.Now get this,still on the inside you will have 2 zippered gun rugs that are made into the bag plus they will throw in a gun rug that is removable and padded.Now here something else, the middle of this bag will lift out so if you wanted to carry it instead of the whole bag you can.On the outside you have a part of the bag that when unzipped is where you can put 8 magazines. I also use this area to put a flat,plastic container that i got at a Bass Pro Shop that holds cleaning material,extra batteries,gun parts,etc.etc. Then on the ends of the bag you have "padded,zippered" compartment that will hold Pac timer,glasses or whatever you wanted to put in there.There is also bottle holder and a Brass/Hull soft bag that comes with this bag also. I'm sure i missed some things but i belive once you get your bag you will be glad you went this route.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts