·
Registered
33,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
33,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There's a full-size ark replica sitting in Williamstown, KY. Maybe they would loan it to you. God might not appreciate you loading a lot of barrels of bourbon on board, however.
When He said only two, I assumed He meant two bunkers full.

Do you ever see any gators in your canal OV ?
Yes, smaller ones--4-5 footers. I don't think it's deep enough for the bigger ones to stay in for very long.

·
Registered
33,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Squirrel disappearing like Good Fellas?
No, I give them a free ride to an uninhabited area a few miles away. I stopped counting at 60-something.

Reactions: airslot

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Could use some of that up here, hasn't been anything of significance in two or three weeks, and the last bits didn't add up to much over one inch.

Last year this time I was still drying out the basement from the excess of rain and snow in May.

Hope works out for you, @OldVet

Reactions: OldVet

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
No, I give them a free ride to an uninhabited area a few miles away. I stopped counting at 60-something.
When I was doing research for my squirrel issue several years ago I read that they could find their way back home from up to 20 miles a awy. I also read that if you were relocating them that it help to place a river or creek between your location and the relocation spot. I guess squirrels haven't learned to use bridges yet.

It said the best thing was to just submerge the trap in water and drown the squirrel bacause if you relocated it the squirrels in the new location would just kill the newcomer. My thought was that by relocating I at least gave it a fighting chance. Who knows, he may end up become the new pack leader in his new home.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Growing up, I was taught that a dead squirrel was a squirrel that never came back to chew on the garage doors again. However, more will always come, so be prepared to shoot again.

Apparently the wood panels on the garage doors tasted good to the squirrels. When my Father replaced the old garage doors with an entirely new garage door setup (that had metal panels) the problem came to an end.

·
Registered
33,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
When I was doing research for my squirrel issue several years ago I read that they could find their way back home from up to 20 miles a awy. I also read that if you were relocating them that it help to place a river or creek between your location and the relocation spot. I guess squirrels haven't learned to use bridges yet.

It said the best thing was to just submerge the trap in water and drown the squirrel bacause if you relocated it the squirrels in the new location would just kill the newcomer. My thought was that by relocating I at least gave it a fighting chance. Who knows, he may end up become the new pack leader in his new home.
They'd have to cross I-95 to get back. I'm sure they consider it a family reunion of sorts.

Reactions: mkh

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
They'd have to cross I-95 to get back. I'm sure they consider it a family reunion of sorts.
Just as long as they don't decide to head north on I95. I don't need them coming here unless you have figured out how to use them as ammo carriers.

·
Premium Member
3,311 Posts
Hope our brothers in Louisiana are going to stay out of harms way.
Grand Isle LA is ordering an evacuation from the coming tropical storm.
The tanker my son is crewing on is taking on a cargo of oil today in Beaumont TX and heading for NJ.
They are trying to got out ahead of the storm and stay ahead of it.
Other option is to wait it out, but time is money in the maritime industry.
Hope @OldVet doesn’t get more rain from this one, sounds like he doesn’t need anymore

·
Registered
33,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Reactions: KILTED COWBOY
21 - 37 of 37 Posts