1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have decided to pick up two new carry pieces:

1. Glock 30s
2. H&K USP compact V1 .40

Can anyone direct me where I can find the H&K at a decent price? The best I can find in stock is $866 on Gunbroker. Preferably with night sights or i will just need to add them later.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crosscreek guns usually has decent prices, but I don't think they have any in stock.

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.
Thanks!

I hadn't seen that website before.

I will add it to my daily rotation of sites to check!

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
An HK USPc will command a pretty high price, especially right now. It's been ages since I've seen one under $850, even used! But they're awesome guns, well worth the money.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Budsgunshop.com just got some in today so I picked up a brand new one for $848.

It will be on it's way to my FFL holder soon!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WOW!

The price went up overnight at Buds from $848 to $905.

Glad I bought it when I did!!

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
Bud's is like Amazon.com- the prices fluctuate quite a bit. I see that the price of the Beretta 9mm Storm carbine just dropped $50 today!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very disapointed with budsgunshop.com

My HK came in today and it was the wrong model.

I know mistakes happen, but I called before placing my order to make sure the gun i was ordering was the V1 model. They put me on hold and then told me they checked the serial number of the gun and it was a V1.

I get to my FFL today and it is not the V1.

Call buds and they say it will take up to 7 days to get it back to them before i will receive a refund as they no longer have the model i wanted in stock.

I know there are a lot of good customer service reviews about Buds but i gave them every opportunity to make sure there wasn't a mistake so they wouldn't have to make it right. And frankly waiting 7 days to get my refund and still not getting the gun i wanted doesn't seem like making it right to me.

Like i said.......disapointed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Banned
5,171 Posts
That does seem to happen with Bud's, and you can't rely on their info. If you shop there again, best thing to keep in mind is that you should examine the gun in the shop and if it doesn't meet your requirements, refuse the gun right then and there. That's what they want you to do and they'll either refund your money or send a different gun. I had a similar issue with Bud's; the description made me think it would be V1 but after putting it on layaway I got to wondering if it really was. No one at Bud's could tell me! Luckily it turned out to be the correct one (Variant 1).

With the full sized USP, any variant can be converted easily to any other by swapping out a few parts. But I can see why you wouldn't want to **** around with that on a new gun!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
At least i had the option to refuse it and send it back.

I just realized i had also ordered a new comptac infidel holster for this and that arrives Monday. Guess that holster is going to be lonely until i find something to put in it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
At least i had the option to refuse it and send it back.

I just realized i had also ordered a new comptac infidel holster for this and that arrives Monday. Guess that holster is going to be lonely until i find something to put in it.
Buds is notorious for sending the wrong product. At least you got something, a lot of people have their card charged & then get told its out of stock.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Of course you could have just bought mine. $200 cheaper AND I actually have it.
Thanks for the offer Jorzak but I wanted the V1 firing configuration. Yours appears to not have the decocker/safety lever so that would make it a V7.

Thanks anyway though, I do appreciate the offer!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was able to find a new HK USP compact in .40 with the V1 configuration this weekend at Cabelas. It was the last one they had in the entire national Cabelas inventory.

Loving this pistol.......it feels soooooo good in my hands!!!!!

Now it is just waiting for the holster to arrive today.

Reactions: JD
1 - 18 of 18 Posts