Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some friends over today to shoot at timmy farm and it was a good day.

I shot my G17 and CW9. I also shot a Super Red Hawk in .44, a SR9c, a Sig P250 (9mm), a G30, a M&P Pro 9mm (factory cut for a red dot) and a few others.

Do you know what I learned?

There is still nothing better than a Gen 3 Glock. Some of the others were nice and to be sure the M&P wasn't half bad.....But MAN do Glocks rock. Others may disagree but I'm so happy with my Glocks that I just don't want to buy like I used too. Other pistols just don't call my name like they did in the old days.

I'm not a "fan boy" per say and I respect others who shoot quality pistols by another manufacturer....but for me, Gaston really did achieve perfection. There was a time when I said I'd never own a Glock. Having eaten my words I now say I may never buy anything else.

A few other notes:

1) I sure wish Glock would make a single stack 9mm. The CW9 is very nice but I prefer the Glock style trigger.

2) The M&P Pro was cut, drilled and tapped for the addition of a red dot. It has a filler block screwed on so it doesn't look goofy without the dot. It also came from the factory with higher sights made to co-witness through the red dot. All it needs is to unscrew 2 screws and screw on the dot sight. It shows how innovative S&W has become. I have a Burris fastfire II in my basement collecting dust and my buddy and I are going to install it and give it a test drive. Stay tuned....

·
Premium Member
2,921 Posts
After you learn how much you love the red dot you're going to be in a pickle. You'll love the S&W due to the dot and will be torn about the love of the Glock. My advice is to get the Glock slide milled or pick up a pre-milled slide and let the red dot love show on the Glock.

Reactions: atctimmy

·
8,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next time shoot some good guns and you will see the difference. :)
What would you suggest kind Sir?

After you learn how much you love the red dot you're going to be in a pickle. You'll love the S&W due to the dot and will be torn about the love of the Glock. My advice is to get the Glock slide milled or pick up a pre-milled slide and let the red dot love show on the Glock.

Well, I gotta spend money on something. If I'm not buying new guns I guess I'll just have to buy new slides.

·
Registered
10,314 Posts
Good times! Interesting point on s&w. Glocks are no doubt fine weapons, and have led the pack in striker-fired polymer-frame guns for decades - but they're going to have to inject some innovation pretty soon here. S&W, Ruger, and Springfield have upped the game a lot recently.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
That is a great day! Love those days when my brothers and/or friends go shooting and I get to fire 6-10 different firearms that are not mine. Such a great time...glad you had a blast!

Reactions: blitzburgh

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
Glocks are fine firearms. I just dont shoot them as well as other platforms. I know the sw40ve is a knock off but its a different feeling different grip angle knock off. I like Glocks fine. And I can shoot one well enough to defend myself with it. I just cant shoot them as well as other pistols.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
I also said I would never own a Glock, never wanted to like 'em. But its just hard not to like a pistol that has such an easy take down doesn't jam & holds a lot of ammo.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Nothing wrong with a Gen 3. I used to have one in G22 flavor.

For full sized fun, I'm more of a CZ guy however.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I can relate to this 100%. Over the last few months I've bought a handful of new/new-to-me pistols and they've been getting my love, affection and attention. Yesterday, I put them aside and brought out my Glock 31 and 32 and it was like falling in love all over again. :yup:

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I didn't like GLOCKs, I didn't want any GLOCKs, I made fun of people who carried GLOCKs, all the while spewing my authoritative, sardonic opinions about GLOCKs to any/everyone within earshot. I now realize that I was a mule-headed fool. And I may STILL be foolish about some things, but not about GLOCKs. And, while I'm fortunate enough to have any number of high-end EDC options, my 3rd Gen G19 is consistently my preferred choice. It has pushed some pretty nice handguns into little more than safe queens & range distractions.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Today 01:29 AM -- I had some friends over today to shoot at timmy farm and it was a good day.
I'm impressed. Of course, that must have been a quick session, if done and posting by 1:29am. :tongue:

The G19 and G17 are pretty hard to beat, for Glock's offerings. I like them quite a bit, myself. Not exactly enamored of the blocky, plasticky feel, but they shoot where aimed and shoot every time. Hard not to like a near-perfect performer. Now, if they could make the ergonomics something like the Browning Hi-Power, we'd be talkin' 'bout somethin'. And if they'd come up with a single-stack 9mm, we'd be buyin'. :yup:

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
I loved my G23 & G21 but gave them to my son. When WI got a concealed carry law I started looking for a new gun. My son was in the police academy & suggested I get an M&P 40C or FS. He's issued the FS 40. I've got an FS on my hip & a compact on order. The grip, man! The grip! Now I know why he suggested them over the Glocks which he, too loves dearly, but the M&P 40 a little better.

Reactions: Aceoky

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Welcome brother.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts