Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few more details are emerging about the attackers, and the incident. A gun was mentioned twice in this story. I wonder why the handgun isn't receiving more attention:
http://news.yahoo.com/british-soldier-hacked-death-suspected-islamist-attack-060253278.html

"Witnesses said they shouted "Allahu akbar" - Arabic for God is greatest - while stabbing the victim and trying to behead him. A handgun was found at the scene."

"Fred Oyat, a 44-year-old local resident, said he witnessed the attack on the soldier from the window of his high-rise apartment overlooking the scene.
'The victim was white,' he told Reuters. "I was in my house when four shots rung out. I went to the window I saw a man lying on the ground with a lot of blood.' "

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
But, but, you can't have a gun in England, how can this happen? Thought everyone would be safe if no one was allowed guns?

·
Premium Member
6,583 Posts
^^^ Yep! They couldn't have used the gun, since that would have been illegal.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Heard on the news this morning that witnesses stated they hit the British soldier with their car first to get the advantage. Whilst he was on the ground was when they attacked him. Indeed a cowardly attack perpetrated by a group of useless, despicable, evil, cowards that deserve the "long drop and a short stop" of a gallows.

·
Super Moderator
25,622 Posts
According to one news source he was run down with a car, then hacked to death. Given the state of the media these days, make of that what you will!

·
Premium Member
39,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
According to one news source he was run down with a car, then hacked to death. Given the state of the media these days, make of that what you will!
True, and according to one witness, four shots were heard somewhere in that process, and one of the suspects was found with a handgun.

·
Super Moderator
19,236 Posts
It appears the police already knew the murderers.

Britain: Soldier slaying suspects had been probed

LONDON (AP) — Two men accused of butchering a British soldier had featured in previous investigations by security services, a British official said Thursday, as investigators searched several locations and tried to determine whether the men were part of a wider plot to instill terror on the streets of London.

The men, suspected of hacking the off-duty soldier to death while horrified bystanders watched, boasted of their exploits and warned of more violence in images recorded on witnesses' mobile phones. Holding bloody knives and a meat cleaver, they waited for the arrival of police, who shot them in the legs, according to a passerby who tried to save the dying soldier.
EarthLink - Top News

·
Registered
4,401 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Disgusting. Not only was the victim helpless but the witnesses were helpless as well. These are self radicalized, most likely Shi'ite,who get them self involved in lesser jihad are some of the stupidest people on the planet. The world would be a better place with out them. period. This frustrates me beyond belief that Brits have no way to protect themselves and their fellow man as civilians. Wrap these guys in bacon and Toss them to the wolves.

·
Registered
941 Posts
30 minute response time. Good thing they didn't have a desire to do more damage, because they obviously could have.

And there's no way they had a handgun. Those are illegal in the UK, dontchaknow.

·
Registered
332 Posts
UK and Europe are lost, politically and culturally, they have allowed an infestation of terrorists and their supporters run all over them...

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
All of the responsible parties should be hunted down and executed.
Their should have their heads removed and burnt to ashes and their bodies sprinkled with hog blood.

Maybe then that crap would cease.
I doubt it. But it'd be a good first step, to treat all such heinous violence suitably harshly. Injection doesn't seem to deter any such folks. Standard Shariat beheading, or a noose, would be fine. We've got plenty of gators that need feeding. Landfill friendly, too.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I doubt it. But it'd be a good first step, to treat all such heinous violence suitably harshly. Injection doesn't seem to deter any such folks. Standard Shariat beheading, or a noose, would be fine. We've got plenty of gators that need feeding. Landfill friendly, too.
Vehicle Stock photography

Then there is always this....the Brit's at one point strapped them to cannons that were greased with pig fat and then let'em rip.....(literally). It happened in 1857 and is a true historical event. So this is for historical reference.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is how the Mughals dealt with criminals in their own ranks.

The British apparently only did this once with two Sepoy troops who were found to be mutineers.

Reactions: GhostMaker

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I wonder if this act was inspired by the boston mission. Terrorists are hard enough to plan for. But idiots are even more difficult. OK I see it like this. I'll consider myself forewarned. Including that zero at the army post, the two lug-nuts in Boston, and now these rectal-hats... This seems to be a new trend in terrorist attacks. Individual attacks on individuals, and small groups. Make me wanna gun-up for the entire summer. According to my way of thinking... One attack is happenstance, two attacks is coincidence, three attacks is enemy action... Yep I'm seeing this as a trend.

·
Registered
21,471 Posts
Does it matter?

All of the responsible parties should be hunted down and executed.
Their should have their heads removed and burnt to ashes and their bodies sprinkled with hog blood.

Maybe then that crap would cease.
I used to secretly save my "ham slices" MRE'S, and dip the bullets of my first magazine into it, to send them to swine hell.

·
Premium Member
39,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Does it matter?
If the media and authorities are deliberately downplaying the involvement of a firearm in gun-free Great Britain in deference to the anti-gun agenda here, yes, it matters.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Here's the unedited "interview" footage where he mentions guns about 1/3 down the page:

Woolwich terror suspect revealed: Sources name man as Michael Adebolajo | The Sun |News

"The only reason we have killed this man today is because Muslims are dying daily by British soldiers. And this British soldier is one. It is an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. By Allah, we swear by the almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you until you leave us alone. So what if we want to live by the Shari'a in Muslim lands? Why does that mean you must follow us and chase us and call us extremists and kill us? Rather you lot are extreme. You are the ones that when you drop a bomb you think it hits one person? Or rather your bomb wipes out a whole family? This is the reality. By Allah if I saw your mother today with a buggy I would help her up the stairs. This is my nature. But we are forced by the Qur'an, in Sura At-Tawba, through many ayah in the Qu'ran, we must fight them as they fight us. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. I apologise that women had to witness this today but in our lands women have to see the same. You people will never be safe. Remove your governments, they don’t care about you. You think David Cameron is going to get caught in the street when we start busting our guns? You think politicians are going to die? No, it’s going to be the average guy, like you and your children. So get rid of them. Tell them to bring our troops back so can all live in peace. So leave our lands and we can all live in peace. That’s all I have to say. [in Arabic:] Allah’s peace and blessings be upon you."
So why did the Mirror edit out the whole "speech?"

I saw a video yesterday that seemed to show the other suspect aiming a gun (described as a revolver) at the "armed respone car" before being shot. But it could have been a knife. It was very blurry.

So yes, where is the gun???

Or did the gunnies shoot him thinking the knife was a gun?

Why did the female armed officer who was almost stabbed put her Taser away and draw her gun after the perps were down, as was mentioned in another article?

Reactions: ItalianSteel
1 - 20 of 22 Posts