Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know if the law was broken, but based on the testimony in the story, I'm gonna say this was pretty clearly a wang bumping contest for two d-bags on who could be the biggest d-bag in the scenario.

Man, Texas got crazy after I left...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Too many details left out, like what was shown in the security cameras. Did he in fact brandish a gun? We don't know. One thing that seems clear to me from both sides, is that the store owner was upset about having to do his job and check the lotto tickets. without all the info, I would say the store owner was the agressor.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Too many details left out, like what was shown in the security cameras. Did he in fact brandish a gun? We don't know. One thing that seems clear to me from both sides, is that the store owner was upset about having to do his job and check the lotto tickets. without all the info, I would say the store owner was the agressor.
Yea, from the little info given it sounds like the store owner is at fault. The store owner can't pull a gun just because he saw a gun on the guys belt...
Mostafa says the only reason he ever pulled out a gun is because while they were arguing, he unintentionally saw a gun in Brady's waist

·
Registered
862 Posts
Either way this comes out the coach should have just let this guy rant and went on his way and avoided the situation. Ran the tickets taken his cash/no cash and left and been done with it and then not returned his business there.

This store owner probably had attitude I have no doubt but the video's hopefully can draw a line and we can go from there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Not enough info as to who was right who was wrong. In Texas they teach conflict resolution in the CHL classes. The Coach should have asked politly for his tickets back and gone elsewhere. Hopefully that CHL holder was not in the wrong because that could be a bad thing for all CHL holders more ammo for the anti gunners.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
Someone needs to practice smiling and saying "Have a nice day."

So I am trying to figure out the line about the police having to figure out if he broke the law when he walked into the store with his gun. Unless it is 30.06 or 51% posted I don't see how that would be possible. The only thing I can think of is if his CHL is expired.

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
this is just like the majority of the report calls we go on....."victim's" story, "suspect's" story, and the truth somewhere in the middle
one and sometimes both stories put down on affidavits and turned in to detectives
then unless there is a independent 3rd party witness or cameras it goes nowhere because the truth can't be verified

if there are cameras in this situation they will tip the scales

if the coach's version is true (and his pistol was not in view) then the store owner might/could be charged with agg assault, and thats a big might

if the owner's version is true then the owner is perfectly justified in pulling the gun based on him seeing the weapon and the coach being belligerent, and not leaving when requested to, I think he could easily articulate that he believed he was in danger

1. the film should be very helpful
2. I'm wondering how the coach was carrying...appendix, 3:00, IWB/OWB, etc

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
So I am trying to figure out the line about the police having to figure out if he broke the law when he walked into the store with his gun. Unless it is 30.06 or 51% posted I don't see how that would be possible. The only thing I can think of is if his CHL is expired.
yeah, thats what I was thinking, but if it was any of the things you listed I would think it would have been in the story or some action might have been taken
I don't think any of those were true

·
Registered
928 Posts
I'd bet the store owner "claimed" to have seen the gun (after the fact) in order to save his a**.

I don't think I would announce "Hey, I've got a gun too" if I had one already pointed at me...:confused:

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
He should have called the cops when he left the store. If he felt he was being threatened with a gun why did he not call? Even cross the street to make the call. Once the gun comes out someone is calling the cops. If I am on the right side of the law I want to be one of the first on the line. It at least tells them you have nothing to hide. Crazy situation over lottery tickets. Moral of the story, lotteries are bad!! lol or.... Guns don't nearly kill people, lotteries do! :gah: Even if he picked them up off the ground all he has to do is scan the ticket, good grief.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
+1 to the cops

They didn't automatically assume the customer was a BG just because he did have a gun, and wasn't the first one to make the 911 call. They decided to check his paperwork and look at the videos.
As far as both guys willing to shake hands, I would like to see that!
:twak:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I would have to guess that both sides are lying, but that is just my gut feeling.

Brady, also an African American, says he feels he was unfairly profiled in the incident.
This just made me stop caring about his cause. I'm all for standing up for fellow gun owners, but I cannot stand when people use the race card. (Regardless of what race he/she is.)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
"Then he was like "F" you! And I was like, "F" you back! And he was like just get the "F" out of my G, D store! And I was like, I don't have a problem with that and before I knew it he came from behind the counter with a very large handgun," Brady said.

Brady says to defuse the situation, he let Mostafa know he had a licensed gun as well.

Brady says while he made a motion to open his jacket, there was no way Mostafa could've seen the gun.

He says after Mostafa called the police, he decided at first to wait there and give police his version of the story when they arrived.

Instead, Brady says he left because he feared he might be trespassing.
My head is spinning from all the stupidity. Hang on, let me get this straight...he agrees to leave and then the clerk just pulls a gun on him???

...the gun just suddenly came out of nowhere? So either his SA was up his butt, or else his back was turned, he was leaving, and THAT'S when the clerk decides to pull a gun? Really???

...he tried to diffuse the situation by countering that he, too, had a gun? That's DE-escalation? In that situation, I'd be backing up, using my soothing "it's ok, we're not going to have a problem here" and getting ready to draw but NOT revealing that I had a firearm.

...He motions to open his jacket, but there's no way the other guy could have seen his gun? Why MOTION? What's the POINT? Either back up your threat or just back up and leave? Why a motion (and no follow-through) of something the other guy couldn't have seen?

...first he waits to tell cops his side, then he leaves because he's afraid of tresspassing? I would have waited in my car next to the property, for the police to arrive. If you leave, couldn't they assume you were fleeing, and therefore probably in the wrong? I don't know, I'm not a cop, but you tell me.

It seems like these guys were in a piddling contest. Oh, and they're clearly both giant idiots. I wonder what the video tape will show?

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Back when I was a LEO, this would go down as the equivalent to a ‘hissy-fit’. An interview and review of the video, should help resolve who was actually the a-hole. In any event, this is a good example why permit holders typically go further out of their way to avoid confrontations. It’s certainly not uncommon for a lot of us to yield, even when we’re in the right. What’s that saying? “Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should”

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
At this point no one was arrested. I think that pretty much indicates that there was no easy determination that either broke the law.

Sounds like two guys each with an attitude, a bad day, and no thinking going on.

Store owners shouldn't be offending customers, and the customer should have a little consideration for the clerk if he lacked the time to check the lottery ticket at that moment.

Sounds to me like there was no intentional display by the customer, and there might have been appropriate display by the store owner with a legitimate fear for his safety-- and besides he was on his own property.

Mostly, 64 Zebra hit the nail on the head and there isn't more to add.

·
Registered
668 Posts
*ahem*

Sounds like a Urinary Elimination Contest.

Smack both of 'em upside the head and tell 'em to grow up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts