Premium Member
38,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
38,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ferguson is the AG, correct?

Since he is not in the legislature, how is he able to propose a bill? The AG is generally in the business of enforcing the law, not creating it.
"Both bills will be sponsored by Sen. David Frockt, D-Seattle, among others."

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Start a recall petition on him.

·
Premium Member
38,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Start a recall petition on him.
Except he was overwhelmingly re-elected well after his intentions to restrict guns were made known. Recalls don't work if the votes aren't out there.

"Gun-safety measures have had far more success in recent years as ballot initiatives than in the Legislature, where Republicans control the state Senate and generally oppose new restrictions on guns."

·
Registered
695 Posts
Unfortunately, with most of the population being centered around Seattle/Puget Sound, the votes will always be anti-gun for ANY measure that's proposed...and I say that as someone who lives (again, unfortunately) in Seattle.

·
Registered
392 Posts
yes, its
a sad state of affairs here in Washington state. The majority of the voters are in the greater Seattle area and have been brainwashed by Bloombergs millions. Another city has voted to become a "sanctuary" city which means they don't have to enforce the laws they don't like. I also heard that tax payer $ are being set aside to defend criminals from being deported that are not here legally.
I wish the fed would take action.....

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Have a pro 2A Democrat run against him in primary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
38,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have a pro 2A Democrat run against him in primary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Easier said than done, I'm thinking.

Reactions: Kennydale

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
This is why I feel the "universal back ground check" legislation is only a litmus test. If can get that through you've demonstrated the public's willingness to accept gun control. AWB is the logical step 2. I would expect Oregon to follow suite before long.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
craze, IMHO, it's more about the public's willingness to...BE controlled. I'm not sure that's exactly what the original Constitutional framers had in mind. :blink:

Reactions: kukla and msgt/ret

·
Premium Member
38,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is why I feel the "universal back ground check" legislation is only a litmus test. If can get that through you've demonstrated the public's willingness to accept gun control. AWB is the logical step 2. I would expect Oregon to follow suite before long.
Many, many times the gun grabbers have described the UBC as "a good first step", acknowledging that it, in and of itself, won't keep bad guys from getting guns. It takes no imagination whatsoever to realize that more steps will follow.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
craze, IMHO, it's more about the public's willingness to...BE controlled. I'm not sure that's exactly what the original Constitutional framers had in mind. :blink:
the liberal public LIKES to be controlled
life is sooooo much easier that way :tongue:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Who's got the numbers of the "Gun Owners" in WA, Hunting Licenses in WA, compared to the Votes in favor of I-594?

If I recall, and I often times do not, but wasn't there far less "No" votes on I-594 then Gun owners in WA?

This would seem to indicate that it is not the Big City Liberal vs the Rural Gun Owning Conservative that is the narrative, but a lack of interest by the Gun Owners and more important, Gun owners voting FOR this type of legislation.

Either way, The Gun Owners are failing to support their own Rights and then blame it on the "Big City Liberals.

Get off the couch and vote.

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
the liberal public LIKES to be controlled
life is sooooo much easier that way :tongue:
That's exactly it; they feel safer having made something illegal. It's obviously nothing more than a security blanket for the ignorant because, as we've all seen time and time again, making guns illegal doesn't stop criminals from being criminals. It only makes more victims. But they feel safer.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Per my reading of the proposed bill it seems to follow the currently used pattern of definitions for "Assault Weapons" and includes the 10 round magazine capacity limits which would apply to both rifles and handguns, said limits to include fixed or internal magazines also. A semi- auto pistol capable of holding more than 10 rounds is defined as an AW.

I'll be talking with my representatives today!

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't think that's what they had in mind at all. I was raised here and it didn't used to be this way, I was first taught how to shoot by the Boy Scouts of America. Lots of people hunt here. Until recently the answer to crime wasn't to disarm law abiding citizens.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Just look at what's happened/happening here in CA.
Everyone puts us down but really no support. Some here move away.
But the infection spreads.
I am here in CA doing what I can to fight, for us here in CA and for everyone lives elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Just look at what's happened/happening here in CA.
Everyone puts us down but really no support. Some here move away.
But the infection spreads.
I am here in CA doing what I can to fight, for us here in CA and for everyone lives elsewhere.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
many of us got the heck out of California for many reasons other than their gun control agenda specifically
...........that's just one of them
California has become a very undesirable state to live in for MANY reasons, their anti 2A gun laws is just one of them

1 - 20 of 27 Posts