1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
I'd love to see that come into effect, but I can already hear the deafening whine of all the high level NFL execs and their bodyguards and the throwing a yellow flag on and screams of foul this one. I don't care for, or even watch football, but I'm against any limitation of carrying at any event, public or private.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Surprising that this is being proposed in Washington with how they've been leaning lately. I would like to see something like this pass there and more places. But you also wonder if it does pass will the locations really enforce it if the NFL decides to still kick people out of their stadium.

·
Premium Member
Lenexa, KS (Kansas City Metro)
863 Posts
Last Thursday in Kansas City at a Chiefs Raiders game a nasty brawl occurred in the stands with injuries. With the high level of beer consumption guns would not have been a good idea.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Its like airport security...no weapons....checking your bags for food/drink....run thru "scanner"...Seattle normal, sucks
It is not currently illegal to have a permitted CCW at games. Good luck getting in with the metal detectors and patdowns, but it's not illegal.

RCW says municipalities may enact laws restricting carry in stadiums, but that CPL holders are exempt. State preemption applies.

RCW 9.41.300:
(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:
(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:
(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070

RCW 9.41.070 - Concealed pistol license

·
Registered
953 Posts
In California there is no state law against CC license holders carrying in stadiums.

Some stadiums and theme parks, however, have such rules, and if they do CCW holders have to obey them or risk trespassing complaints.

Interesting that up until 1/1/2016 California was one of few states that allowed CCW holders to carry on college and k-12 school campuses.

That, however, has changed and now you can only carry in schools with written permission.

·
Premium Member
1,814 Posts
I understand the Jaguars players are against it. They seem to fear us fans will find a use other than self defense for our guns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts