Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just applying for my Utah permit to carry in WA for work.
However it can take up to 60 days and I maybe working their sooner.

I looked and there are no laws against open carry.

I prefer concealed especially outside of Montana and Wyoming. But between being naked and open carry I'll open the carry.

What's the attitude towards open carry in central WA?

What's a link to Seattle gun laws?

In God and Glock we Trust

·
Registered
46,044 Posts
I OC'd in Spokane area when I lived there, but I left there in '93. The Seattle blight may have spread over the Cascades by now.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Don't know what the attitudes are in Central WA as far as open carry goes, I live in Seattle and I open carry here on a daily basis. It's 100% legal so I don't care what people think. Peoples attitudes towards you carrying openly will base soley on your appearance, if you look confident and presentable (not a cheese body, haven't shaved in days, smell etc) people are going to not have a problem with you. If you look off the fringes and/or a criminal than people's attitudes towards you are not going to be good. We live in a superficial world, appearance goes a long way and when you are carrying a gun that is going to make your first impression on people either bad or good there isn't any in between (to non gun people).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Open carried into the walgreens today and there was a unarmed female security guard standing at the front....she didn't say anything to me. Most likely didn't want to chase off the person who is the real security in the building :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess you can't have a loaded gun in your vehicle without a permit...? So that means u loading and locking the weapon each time I get out...

What a pain! Here any legal person can have a loaded gun any where in the vehicle. Concealed or open. Oh well. I'm mailing my Utah permit info off on Monday.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I guess you can't have a loaded gun in your vehicle without a permit...? So that means u loading and locking the weapon each time I get out...

What a pain! Here any legal person can have a loaded gun any where in the vehicle. Concealed or open. Oh well. I'm mailing my Utah permit info off on Monday.

Correct. It is very lame. I don't get it either.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Does a gunbuster sign carry the weight of law there? Planning on visiting the Boeing Museum, LeMay car collection, and some other stuff while there with a car club.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Does not carry the weight of law, but the property owner can prohibit you from being on their property with a gun. If they don't want it there, they can ask you to leave, and you can be charged with trespassing if you don't. Just be careful of that.

We have state preemption here, so no municipalities or counties are able to make any gun regulations over and above what is in the state laws.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Does not carry the weight of law, but the property owner can prohibit you from being on their property with a gun. If they don't want it there, they can ask you to leave, and you can be charged with trespassing if you don't. Just be careful of that.

We have state preemption here, so no municipalities or counties are able to make any gun regulations over and above what is in the state laws.
Same as CA. My CCW is good in SF no matter what they think there.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Open carry here is 100% legal, if you are legal to own a gun. Period.

Just be aware of where you can and cannot legally carry a gun, IE: Bars, schools, police stations, etc. You can visit Washington for more specifics if you wish.
No restriction on Police Stations other than the secure areas.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I OC around the Kitsap County area which is on the Olympic Peninsula. No worries. Just yesterday, walked into West Marine (boating store), West Bay auto parts, Coffee shop, supermarket and a local department store. Unless they have a gun buster signage, no worries. The only problem I had was at WalMart in Port Orchard. no signage but was asked to leave.

The loaded gun in the car without a CCP, is weird for sure... But both of us have our CCP so problems for us.

Cops are fine with OC too.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How do you even gun up if you can't have a loaded gun in your car? I'd unload and lock up in the car but you can't even load and holster in the car.

You'd have to walk evey where??? Well hopefully my Utah will arrive soon. If need be the wife will mail it to my hotel.

What's the knife laws concerning short fixed blades?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

I don't understand this either. Talk about a law that makes zero sense. In VA for example, if you OC but don't have your concealed permit/license/whatever you can still carry in your car as long as it's in plain view. No need to unload and lock it away.

I'm still pissed about WA ending reciprocity with FL over that "18 year old honorably discharged veteran" clause Fl has.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.