Defensive Carry banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Washington State Democrats Seek Bans on Semiautomatic Rifles, Pistols - Breitbart

Washington state senator David Frockt (D-Seattle) and representative Strom Peterson (D-Edmonds) are pushing bans that will outlaw many of the most popular semiautomatic rifles and pistols in their state.

Here is the actual bill.

http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2017-18/Pdf/Bills/Senate Bills/5050.pdf#page=1

My guess is that this will not be passed by the Legislators of WA.

That will not stop the progress of this Bill however. As soon as it is defeated it will go through the Ballot Initiative process where it will be presented to the Citizen and the Gun Owners of WA State where it will pass and become law.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Guess they will be left with revolvers, bolt action rifles, and muzzle loaders. Poor LEO's.:blink:

·
Premium Member
5,814 Posts
Washington State Democrats Seek Bans on Semiautomatic Rifles, Pistols - Breitbart

Washington state senator David Frockt (D-Seattle) and representative Strom Peterson (D-Edmonds) are pushing bans that will outlaw many of the most popular semiautomatic rifles and pistols in their state.

Here is the actual bill.

http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2017-18/Pdf/Bills/Senate Bills/5050.pdf#page=1

My guess is that this will not be passed by the Legislators of WA.

That will not stop the progress of this Bill however. As soon as it is defeated it will go through the Ballot Initiative process where it will be presented to the Citizen and the Gun Owners of WA State where it will pass and become law.
With a huge amount of fiscal backing from Bloomberg and Microsoft. I can foresee a lot of TV and print media time, much corpse dancing and appeals to the soccer mommy set . Yeah, sadly, it will probably pass .

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
So, when i594 went through, they put it to vote because the Legislature didn't vote on it. What I don't know is if it works the same way if it does go to the Legislature and get voted down.

I wrote this open letter to the gun rights organizations, and posted it to their Twitter accounts:

https://www.facebook.com/thetimothygavin/posts/654391074743901

And this post explaining the impact of the bill and the problems it can cause, mostly for the uninitiated:

https://www.facebook.com/thetimothygavin/posts/654335491416126

Please feel free to share these posts to anyone in WA, or to your social media feeds, it's important to get the word out of what's really going on here. The bills are bad enough, but it's important to know that "Assault Weapon" currently has no definition in WA legal code. By codifying the definition, it puts new risks in WA firearms law that have never been there before.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
The Democrats never learn.
What's worse is they are the teachers in the schools, they are unionized, and they keep plowing through the 2a. California is lost and the only thing that can save it is SCOTUS, the Ninth Circus dines with the gun grabbers, and they need to get spanked by the Supremes.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
So, when i594 went through, they put it to vote because the Legislature didn't vote on it. What I don't know is if it works the same way if it does go to the Legislature and get voted down.

I wrote this open letter to the gun rights organizations, and posted it to their Twitter accounts:

https://www.facebook.com/thetimothygavin/posts/654391074743901

And this post explaining the impact of the bill and the problems it can cause, mostly for the uninitiated:w

https://www.facebook.com/thetimothygavin/posts/654335491416126

Please feel free to share these posts to anyone in WA, or to your social media feeds, it's important to get the word out of what's really going on here. The bills are bad enough, but it's important to know that "Assault Weapon" currently has no definition in WA legal code. By codifying the definition, it puts new risks in WA firearms law that have never been there before.

This is how it starts, some retard without any LEO or Military, or " life experience" with firearms thinking they know better than the rest of us. They "feel" they will be safer with less guns in the street, and less scary guns means "feeling" safer. These "safe space" knuckleheads need to be beaten up and thrown out of the treehouse.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
This is how it starts, some retard without any LEO or Military, or " life experience" with firearms thinking they know better than the rest of us. They "feel" they will be safer with less guns in the street, and less scary guns means "feeling" safer. These "safe space" knuckleheads need to be beaten up and thrown out of the treehouse.
It's worse than that... he proclaimed on local TV that he just copied the whole thing from the California law, with a couple things he skipped over. So, it's even lazier than most politicians, which is saying a lot.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
It's plug and play with these folks, the California politicians took it straight from the Bloomberg groups. When Obama talked about gun control at that town hall meeting I heard the same exact lines and stats that the Bloomberg soccer moms were spewing here months earlier. I saw him stammering on certain issues of which I knew he knew he was lying about, but he spewed the Bloomberg party line anyways. It's crickets from these militant nannies now here, they've won and are now hammering your state.

·
Premium Member
1,494 Posts
They should be forced to live in the ganglands of Chicago for a month.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
722 Posts
Truth is, this legislature is under legal mandate/orders from the Washington State Supreme court, to bring the funding "scheme" for "education" into compliance with the Washington state constitution...so these juys are a couple of Serious knuckle heads,....DO Your JOBS....thank goodness this is only a temporary/parttime avocation for these know nuttin mutts....

·
Banned
2,879 Posts
This might pass. Because Seattle knows what's best for the rest of the state.

Too bad there isn't some type of Electoral College at the state level to limit tyranny-by-the-urban-dwelling-majority.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
The Democatic party is in shambles across the country. Hopefully this will give traction to our conservatives so they can become a shining light, to do what is best for our country!

·
Registered
10,826 Posts
The Democrats never learn.
They dont learn what? They are getting closer and closer to achieving their goal in the liberal states. Its about getting rid of guns, nothing more, nothing less.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
This might pass. Because Seattle knows what's best for the rest of the state.

Too bad there isn't some type of Electoral College at the state level to limit tyranny-by-the-urban-dwelling-majority.
If it can go to the legislature and die there, it might not. We got stuck with i594 (our 'universal background check') because it never went to a vote in the state Congress. Most of state is conservative or libertarian.

It's funny, I was just thinking the other day that we need a county based electoral college system here for the state offices.

They dont learn what? They are getting closer and closer to achieving their goal in the liberal states. Its about getting rid of guns, nothing more, nothing less.
It actually has little to do with guns. It's about consolidation of power. Healthcare, education, force, and communication are all being relegated to the control of the government. Guns are incompatible to the consolidation of force.

Reactions: CalCarry
1 - 17 of 17 Posts