Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to usacarry.com Washington state issues non-resident pistol licenses but it doesn't say if one must apply in person or if this can be done through the mail,does anyone here know which it is for a non-resident CCW from the state of Washington?

Also it appears that Washington honors a Utah non-resident CCW is this right or am I reading this wrong? If WA. does in fact honor a Utah non-res CCW then would it be easier to just get a non-res Utah CCW to carry in WA.?

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Unless you live close, its easier to get the Utah CCW. The hardest part about the Utah CCW is finding a Utah certified trainer in your area, but the Utah website has a list of them by state, so its not that difficult.

I recommend getting Florida first, then Utah, then CT, ME and NH. That get's you everything that you can get without being a resident or traveling to the state for training or to apply. You can also get NV if you travel their for the training. NV no longer recognizes FL, so be careful, some sites have not made the change yet.

Smity

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Yup, WA is in person only. As a non-res, you can apply at any police station or sheriff. Cost $55.25 and takes 90 days. No training requirements.

·
Registered
641 Posts
According to usacarry.com Washington state issues non-resident pistol licenses but it doesn't say if one must apply in person or if this can be done through the mail,does anyone here know which it is for a non-resident CCW from the state of Washington?
I live in Oregon and have a Washington non-resident CCW. I have renewed it once. Both times (original and renewal) I had to appear at the Clark County Court House to conduct my business. I specifically asked the clerk if appearing was required and her answer was an emphatic yes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts