Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's another approach to call gun owner illegal....

Democrats push for $10K fine for gun owners without liability insurance - Washington Times

Here's a paragraph that makes me chuckle at the silliness of it all:

"Ms. Maloney says her bill would shift the cost of gun violence back onto those who own the weapon. Gun rights groups call that logic ridiculous, however."

Thugs don't own weapons, so, are they suggesting that owners of stolen guns will be liable for crimes committed with their stolen guns ? Sort of like saying the owner of a stolen car is responsible for the death of a pesdestrian in a hit and run.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Ms. Maloney says her bill would shift the cost of gun violence back onto those who own the weapon. Gun rights groups call that logic ridiculous, however.
@bold: Of course it is!

Law abiding citizens aren't participating in gun violence. Unless there isn't a distinction between a firearm used in self defense and gun violence?

·
Registered
932 Posts
How about proof of qualified liability insurance in order to exercise one's 1st. ammendment rights before opening your mouth to spew such garbage?

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Charge people for their anticipated crimes, instead of merely going after crime.

Ditto: $10K liability insurance to open your mouth; $100K, if in writing/recording; $5M, if before a microphone; $100M, if on television.

As others have pointed out, ALL owners of products aren't the threat. Criminals who abuse existing prohibitions are; citizens who fail to pay for their occasional negligent missteps are. Go after them ... as we're doing. Hold THEM responsible for their actions. What a concept.

Unsurprising, that Dems are continually the ones pushing such "avoidance" crap. Such liberty-haters should stick to what they know best: befouling their own nests, though they certainly seem perfectly capable of befouling ours.

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
The level of stupidity and lack of any forethought put into this proposed legislation is truly shocking.

I had to check to see if it was an April fool's day joke.

This blatant show of mental incompetence should be easy justification for an immediate recall.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
This right up there with the government requiring us to buy insurance with Obamacare which is what scares me.. this has the potential to pass.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Here's another approach to call gun owner illegal....

Democrats push for $10K fine for gun owners without liability insurance - Washington Times

Here's a paragraph that makes me chuckle at the silliness of it all:

"Ms. Maloney says her bill would shift the cost of gun violence back onto those who own the weapon. Gun rights groups call that logic ridiculous, however."

Thugs don't own weapons, so, are they suggesting that owners of stolen guns will be liable for crimes committed with their stolen guns ? Sort of like saying the owner of a stolen car is responsible for the death of a pesdestrian in a hit and run.
I agree that if this is the case, then they should do the same thing nationwide for spoons beings that they are used to cook crack. Only groups that are big on cereal would call that logic ridiculous, however. :dunno:

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
So, another measure to make sure only those with the $$$$$$$$$ , can own a gun..... she have something against the poor ??????

·
Registered
611 Posts
First of all, she doesn't understand how liability insurance works. Liability is established off negligence. If someone steals a firearm from you and commits a crime, an insurance company would never pay off any liability claim as you can't be held liable for act commited by others with out complicity.Even complicity would be difficult to prove. If you have homeowners insurance your already covered under a form of liability insurance. Then on top of all that the Department of Insurance for each 50 states would have to establish rates and approve any plan before it could be enacted. If the Feds mandated a Federal program for this obvious restriction then yes, it would be a tax.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Kinda reminds me of the movie Minority report. Man, there's something seriously wrong with some of these folks... Where in heck do they come up with these cockamamie ideas; sitting in a bar drinking to much liquor I bet.:wink:

Reactions: DPro.40

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Kinda reminds me of the movie Minority report. Man, there's something seriously wrong with some of these folks... Where in heck do they come up with these cockamamie ideas; sitting in a bar drinking to much liquor I bet.:wink:
Sitting at a bar drinking liquor WE ARE PAYING FOR, I'm sure. :mad:

·
Registered
8,032 Posts
...by putting up idiotic laws like this to harass and persecute us, it seems to me that they're confident we'll grumble and growl, but do nothing to stop them...kinda like the UN Treaty...it's up to us to show them they're wrong...and let them enjoy being ex-legislators with all the benefits...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.