Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cobra Derringer .32 Auto

Cobra

For $125, I'm thinking of getting one of these for jogging or while at work. What's your thoughts? Safe? Waste of money? Better off with pepper spray? :22a:

While at work it could give me time to get my car. While jogging it would be my primary. I would love to have the LCP but can't swing $350 right now. What do you think?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Go for it...

I think it looks sexy.:yup:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey bro, you can get an LCP on gunbroker.com for less than $300 on auction. I bought mine for $280 plus $15 shipping. Total of $295. The seller I bought from was sportsmansupply. They are a big store so they dont charge any credit card fees. I think they are an awsome seller. They are honest folks that are not looking to make any extra money off of you. The process to buy the lcp was simple and they ship pretty fast.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey bro, you can get an LCP on gunbroker.com for less than $300 on auction. I bought mine for $280 plus $15 shipping. Total of $295. The seller I bought from was sportsmansupply. They are a big store so they dont charge any credit card fees. I think they are an awsome seller. They are honest folks that are not looking to make any extra money off of you. The process to buy the lcp was simple and they ship pretty fast.
thanks man. how much was your ffl fee? most shops here charge $40! but I think the local pawn does $20...

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
Hey I have one of those. Have had it for better than 20 years. Bought a box of 50 shells for it when I bought it and probably still have a least 25 of those left. A cute conversation piece but your better to go with jholens advice.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Save your money and wait til you can afford something better. Do a search on here and you will find a myriad of options almost within your grasps.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My FFl charged me only $15 but that is because I have my CCL. He usually charges $20 for non CCLs. Still, I think i got a good deal. Oh and by the way the seller on gunbroker is sportsmanssupply....I missed an "s" when I first gave u the info. Hope u can get the LCP, it is a nice little gun that is excellent for CC. This is my pistole of choice because it is small and does not get in the way. Also, Nobody will ever know you have it.

thanks man. how much was your ffl fee? most shops here charge $40! but I think the local pawn does $20...

·
Registered
220 Posts
Is there much difference in the price of that and the big bore .32H&R or .38 special big bores? I like rimmed cases for a derringer.

I'd rather have a Cobra derringer than most of the other firearms in that price range.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
A backup for the backup and easily hidden. It would give somebody a serious belly ache. I don't want one, although I am probably going to start buying redundant guns that I really don't need.

·
Registered
38,181 Posts
Anything is better than nothing. If that's the best you can do, then get it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey I have one of those. Have had it for better than 20 years. Bought a box of 50 shells for it when I bought it and probably still have a least 25 of those left. A cute conversation piece but your better to go with jholens advice.
+1, except mine is a Davis. One thing is, the trigger is going to suck. That's almost a guarantee. Acutally, forget the "almost".

·
Super Moderator
50,597 Posts
Save your $$$, eventually you'll have enough for a 'real' gun.OMO:blink:

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Save your $$$, eventually you'll have enough for a 'real' gun.OMO:blink:
Already have a .38, a .40, and a 12 gauge. Just want something to fill a niche!

This thing is pretty cool too, albeit the same price as a kel tec.

·
Registered
829 Posts
You can find a P3AT or LCP or used 38 special revolver for below $300, I'd go that way... epecially if it is my only gun... don't eat out the rest of the month and you may have ecnough saved for the difference

you also have to cock a derringer, I don't lik that, rather just pull and shoot. American Derringer makes a DA 38 but they will push you up to a new revolver or 2 LCP's in cost.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
If you shoot the BG with both barrels at the same time, is it a .64 caliber?

It may look cool, but I concur with everyone else.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Already have a .38, a .40, and a 12 gauge. Just want something to fill a niche!

This thing is pretty cool too, albeit the same price as a kel tec.

That is what I was going to say you should get instead.
I have a NAA 22mag. It has the regular little birdshead grip. It's about the size of a Bic lighter. I can hit a paper plate at 7 yards with it.

Is it really about the cost of a Keltec? hmmm I think I bought mine for about $150 (quite a few years ago though).

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
That is what I was going to say you should get instead.
I have a NAA 22mag. It has the regular little birdshead grip. It's about the size of a Bic lighter. I can hit a paper plate at 7 yards with it.

Is it really about the cost of a Keltec? hmmm I think I bought mine for about $150 (quite a few years ago though).
+1 those are sweeties

Built like a watch. With the 22 mag you pictured you can clip it in your pocket and the only thing that sticks out is the clip

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I could not recommend a Cobra Derringer. Not that the idea is totally bad, but I have heard a lot more bad about the Cobras than good. My local dealer won't even carry them anymore because of so many problems. There are good Derringers out there but they are a lot more expensive. I paid $375.00 for my 357 Magnum American Derringer. The Bond Arms Derringer also has an excellent reputation but are at least as expensive as the American Derringers.

As others have said, I think you'd be much better served by one of the small 380 pocket pistols.

Hoss

·
Registered
38,181 Posts
How big of a rock are you talking about?

You can scrimp and save (loose change in a can every evening, brown bag to work instead of hitting the fast food chains, Skip the $5 latte on the way to work, etc.) and come up with enough to get a better weapon if you really want to. The .32 is pretty minimal.

Personally, a .380 is what I would consider a last great act of defience. I don't know of anyone who would say go ahead and shoot me because it's only a .380 (or even .32). Any gun looks like a cannon when viewed at nose height and up close. A small 9mm would be more effective.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts