1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This information from 1911Forum All Credit To: D. Kamm

BTW: The photos are of pistols that belong to D. Kamm
Administrator on 1911Forum

A guy steals photos of firearms off of the web & uses the stolen gun pictures to sell the "guns" on Gunbroker.

Of course he does not have the guns...he only has pictures of the guns. :rant:

Click Here To Go There.

And Click Here.

·
Administrator
143,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bud Just Invented A New Game

Find Your Carry Gun For Sale On Gunbroker.

Never buy a gun from anybody with no or minimal feedback rating.

Maybe NOW...it would be a good idea to request additional pictures also.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
as ive posted before i will almost never buy on scam bay or gunbroker from anyone with less than 10 feedback unless its a 4 or 5 $$ item

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Despicable - always some folks will try it on and sadly too - probably someone along the way will get suckered. :frown:

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Thanks for the heads up....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting the listing for that colt contains the notation "reserve not met", but the description contains the statement "As always all our auctions are true auctions with no reserve. It is one of several that we are selling to settle an estate."

·
Registered
11,431 Posts
Appriciate the warning.

·
Registered
82 Posts
QKShooter,

Thank you for the warning.

I've never bought a firearm off the Internet and, after seeing this and several other scams, probably never will.

It's a shame, seems like there's scum-bags everywhere.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Ken, it really makes you nervous, doesn't it? OTOH, I've bought a firearm off the internet, sight unseen (albeit from a friend), and have been very happy. Actually, now that I think about it, I've done it more than once - and only once from a friend.

I guess you have to trust the person, and that trust (for me) can be earned from reputation in the gun-net community. It would be a lot of money to send out the door just based on an ad . . .

·
Registered
336 Posts
It is another fine example of ''Let the buyer beware." I don't think i would ever buy a gun off the net... Unless it was from one the forum members here.

·
Registered
258 Posts
That scam has been done with motorcycles on eBay motors for years. They post a pick of a $30K Hayabusa and sell it for $12K, turns out it was just a picture from a bike site. At least guns can't be used in the south african cashiers check scam.

·
Registered
139 Posts
wow they're everywhere! I purchased my Taurus off of that site just glad that transaction worked out for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
auctions

One thing i stick to is being able to see what i want to buy before
i buy it. FTF, or a local dealer is my choice, better if i can shoot it.

JimB

1 - 14 of 14 Posts