Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know? A person who would be considered the village idiot but for some reason is awesome with weapons? Practices perfect gun safety, clears a weapon before giving it to you, doesn't flag you, doesn't do stupid stuff in general when it concerns weapons. Someone who at first impression you wouldnt want standing next to you with a butter knife but after you see them in action it leaves you scratching your head in wonder. A good person in general, but just not quite all there.

I got a friend like that, anyone else?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I don't have any friends. Except GhostMaker,Memphiscbrider,NoName762,and ThePilgrim. :gah:

·
Premium Member
5,611 Posts
I dont have friends....I have people that will be sacrificed last in the zombie apocalypse

Reactions: smolck

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
One in four people have a mental imbalance,
Look around at your three closest friends,
If they all look OK, You must be the one!

I don"t know who this quote is from but its always stuck with me! When I first heard it I was with three close friends who looked at each other and busted up laughing. Because some where out there there were four other groups that just wont get it!

What ever you do hang on to that friend! Finding a shooting partner that doesn't do dumb stuff is not easy! DR

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
One in four people have a mental imbalance,
Look around at your three closest friends,
If they all look OK, You must be the one!

I don"t know who this quote is from but its always stuck with me! When I first heard it I was with three close friends who looked at each other and busted up laughing. Because some where out there there were four other groups that just wont get it!

What ever you do hang on to that friend! Finding a shooting partner that doesn't do dumb stuff is not easy! DR
Isn't that the truth! Recently went with a trio of people...er acquaintances...that I'd never been shooting with. After a half hour of shifting around to avoid barrel sweep and reminding them to keep it pointed down range, I left. I tried on a later date to give them all a brief synopsis of range and shooter safety. Unfortunately it fell on deaf ears. They simply, had no concept.

OP, hang on to that friend. Perhaps he'll be a good resource down the road - if he isn't already.

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
My friend you'd think he is a goof, nothing suits him more than talking like he is in a middle school boys locker room. But get him on the range teaching some one or at a gun show talking to people. he is smooth and knowledgeable.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
When you run with mall ninjas, you don't need friends. Gecko35, Col. Flagg, and Paul Blart are all i need.

Seriously, true friends are few and far between. Keep them close.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
I have a few friends like that. Love 'em to death and man have they been there for me quite a few times.

·
Super Moderator
18,198 Posts
All of my friends are sharp, witty, careful, deliberate,safe and very professional at what they do.

The only idiots that I know are Politicians.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
When I was young one of the guys we hung around had a younger brother. Back then I'm sure he was classified as retarded. He didn't have any friends of his own so he hung out with us. Although we were cordial, we never really paid much attention to him . One time we were standing around the bonefire after riding dirt bikes and he comes over and starts talking to me. I wasn't much of a drinker but I'm sure I had a couple of beers. The only reason I mention alcohol is because I suspect it slowed me down or relaxed me enough to actually listen to what he was saying. I can't remember the topic but at some point during his monologue it dawned on me that this kid was actually pretty intelligent. Uneducated and unable to express himself for sure, but not stupid. I looked in his eyes and I could see he knew he had gotten through to me. He always seemed to like me after that. Life carried me away into circles he couldn't go but I'd consider him a friend. Last year I heard his wife had died. I never even knew he'd gotten married. I went to the service and when he saw me in the pews his eyes lit up and he started introducing me as his accountant.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts