Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Not only do we need funding, but without a medium to get the messages out it ain't gonna happen. I was thinking that Fox News would be a good outlet but unless they find the 2A message newsworthy it probably won't happen. I suppose having commentaries/opinions/editorials on Fox News would help but then there's that pesky newsworthy issue. Rush Limbaugh has a huge audience so I wonder if that's an option. I don't hear Rush bringing up the subject of the 2A much though. Then there are other big names like Hannity. I suppose if they're given enough money they'll be willing to promote the 2A more often. Paid 2A advertisements on any or all of these mediums? But then there's that pesky funding issue. I sure do hear a lot of anti-gun ads though - including billboards. It would help if the message could get out through the so-called MSM but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts

Not only do we need funding, but without a medium to get the messages out it ain't gonna happen. I was thinking that Fox News would be a good outlet but unless they find the 2A message newsworthy it probably won't happen. I suppose having commentaries/opinions/editorials on Fox News would help but then there's that pesky newsworthy issue. Rush Limbaugh has a huge audience so I wonder if that's an option. I don't hear Rush bringing up the subject of the 2A much though. Then there are other big names like Hannity. I suppose if they're given enough money they'll be willing to promote the 2A more often. Paid 2A advertisements on any or all of these mediums? But then there's that pesky funding issue. I sure do hear a lot of anti-gun ads though - including billboards. It would help if the message could get out through the so-called MSM but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

We Need a Hero to Unite Gun Loving America Like NOW!. The NRA has Failed us Bigtime with their Internal Squabbles AND Salaries!. Hopefully Somebody will step forward to Unite Real America in our Push to Keep AND Expand our 2A Rights. Please Vote RED in November!.

·
Registered
36,070 Posts
I certainly don't see the NRA stepping up to be our gun-rights champion. At this time, they are too tarnished and too big of a target. Personally, I feel a more grass roots effort is needed.

·
Registered
9,065 Posts
I certainly don't see the NRA stepping up to be our gun-rights champion. At this time, they are too tarnished and too big of a target. Personally, I feel a more grass roots effort is needed.
This^^^ Look for your champion in the mirror. Virginians totally screwed up the election last year, which was the fault of conservative voters and the responsibility of the Republican Party of Virginia. But given that horrible situation, the VCDL put together probably the largest 2A rally/protest/lobbying effort in the history of this country, ever, and did it with almost no money. The officials said we had 22,000 people, but other estimates put it up to 50,000. And it went off without a hitch. But it was all blood, sweat and tears, not money. The VCDL has a leader, but he did not set himself up as a figurehead or a lone "champion." It was a group effort and there were actually multiple organizations involved.

And it's not just Virginia. Gun Owners of Maine did an amazing job of grassroots activism last year, which didn't involve as big a rally, but was more successful politically. Thanks to Rock and Glock, I was able to read up on how they did it and it was genius.

But as I said on another thread, our issue can't be just gun rights. The big issue is conservative voter turnout and demanding that the GOP get its act together. If we don't have that, we don't even get a chance to have an effective effort on gun rights. I think that for too long, gun owners took the position that "the NRA will take care of it." I think that time has passed.

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
The NRA, in my opinion, has illustrated itself to be more concerned with the NRA than anything else. If that were not the case, Wayne would be on unemployment.

Reactions: SFury

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
I can't say much good about the NRA at the moment but for now will remain a member. Personally I thing the single thing they could do to at least start in the right direction is get rid of good ole Wayne.

·
Premium Member
4,838 Posts
No such thing as a gun rights hero or savior.
It comes down to each and every gun owner in the USA to fight for your rights.
If you are just a hunter, or just a recreational shooter. Or a LTC guy. We have to realized that we sink or swim together.
If you are looking for someone to who can bring all the different tents together under one big tent, good luck.
We can't even agree on what the second amendment means.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
The 2A isn't a daily, or even monthly story for most people. Did you see how school shootings just stopped when Trump was sworn in? Those were the soapbox for gun control that progressives thought they could get through a progressive house of representatives and white house.

The 2A needs a conservative hero. That person has a perfect opportunity to point out the dumpster fire that is progressivism....by pointing out literal dumpster fires in progressives cities. The 2A should ride the coattails of individual rights in a conservative platform.

What we don't need is an authoritarian globalist RINO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts