Defensive Carry banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went into a couple of the local gunshops today for the first time in about two weeks. They both had the same "report". After being hit by Ivan and Dennis,and having felt the effects of Katrina(80 kt. gusts) and being brushed by a couple more tropical storms,the guns are going fast. Especially the high cap auto's. Lots of ammo is being sold as is extra mags for the weapons being bought. The camo finished shotguns are being sold to people that don't even plan to hunt. It was the only ones that this perticular shop had left. The cheep ammo(Wolf,Silver Bear,PMC,Kent,Estate, is being sold(and has been since Katrina) by the case. Both the gunshops have told me this. We in NW Fla.(it looks like) will be spared the wrath of Rita. You kind folk along the gulf coast of Texas and anywhere else that could be in the sights of Rita,I would just say to you----STOCK UP ON GUNS AND AMMO. You can always shoot the ammo and sell the guns but if you are left without you will regret it. Get ready to protect your family and friends. Ban together for the common good of several families. Have a security plan. If it's bad,the POS/BG's will come. They will look you over very closely. After Ivan I caught them just cruzin' through our neighborhood. I met them at the end of the street with my M1 Super 90 in my hand. Protect what is yours. It will be hard but it can be done. The best of luck from your friends at CC.com.-------

·
Super Moderator
13,133 Posts
Well, I just learned something interesting along those lines too. When I talked to Lou Alessi just moments ago to order my CQC/S holster and asked him about time, he said, "Well, I have to say, about 12 weeks." Then he went on to say, "Ever since 9-11 I can't keep up with holster demand!"

So apparently not only are people buying guns, they're also carrying them!

Delfatti is currently working on orders placed in June of 2004! I think some of that is because he's a one man shop.

A little off subject if I may, I told him (Lou) I had been using Fist holsters with a similar quick on/quick off attachment, he said, "I may have to speed your order up, I'd like to get a comparison." That sure works for me!

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
I am thankful, even considering where I am - to have ''enough'' of most ''things'' :smile:

This ''post 9/11'' deal is one reason I see increased uptake here of CCW.... as well no doubt many other places.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our CCW classes have doubled in the last 8 weeks. We teach only active duty servicemen and their spouses. This is not a state sanctioned class so we can teach whatever we want. ----------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts