Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious about adding to my accessories inventory. Right now, that means trying to find info about weaponlights that would fit my Glock 23. I don't know where to start looking - my search of the forum turned up no leads.

Can you suggest some well-respected manufacturers of weaponlights and of holsters that would fit a gun with a mounted light?

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is this for EDC? I prefer carrying a separate flashlight (currently the SureFire E2D LED Defender.) This way I don't have to point my gun at something to shine a light on it. Frankly, it's a little easier to conceal my pistol without adding the light to it inside the holster. It's also easier to find a holster when I'm only trying to fit the normal gun without the light.

Just personal preference.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Check out the Streamlight TLR-1 and TLR-3... The TLR-1 uses (2) CR123 batteries and the TLR-3 is more compact and uses (1) CR2 battery...Either can be had for under $100...

Streamlight Weapon Lights

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a Surefire X300 on my G23 and love it. I also think the X400 would be cool (laser + light) but more $

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I have a Surefire x200 on my 23, it is awesome...the x300 and x400 are even better.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I'm curious about adding to my accessories inventory. Right now, that means trying to find info about weaponlights that would fit my Glock 23. I don't know where to start looking - my search of the forum turned up no leads.

Can you suggest some well-respected manufacturers of weaponlights and of holsters that would fit a gun with a mounted light?

Thanks!
The big weaponlight players are:

Surefire
X300 light only (excellent but expensive)
X400 (light and laser together)

Streamlight (best value IMO)
TLR 1 light only
TLR2 light / laser combo
TLR 3 (compact model)

Insight (Non LED xenon bulb)
M3X light only
M6X light/ laser combo

Holsters for guns with lights (not all models available for all gun light combos
Safariland
Blade Tech
Raven Concealment
Side Armor

I have the Insight M6X on my G22 and I'm happy with it. The LED models from Surefire and Streamlight have longer battery life , are brighter and are much more shock resistant. I'd go with one of the Streamlights as they are much cheaper.

The Surefires are the best made but they are crazy expensive.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm running a Surefire X200 that I picked up for a song off of ebay on my G23 when it is in "night stand" duty. It runs sans light in the holster for day carry.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I found a NIB GTL 10 for $60 shipped. Fobus also makes holsters for a G23 with a light. Other sites have new and used Glock lights for cheap.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Still surviving on a Streamlight M6 here. Newer technology is better but at a higher price. Every time I install new batteries, it becomes obvious that maybe I don't know what I'm missing, but what I'm missing in the dark aint much.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I have an X300 on my G23. I carry it in a Raven Phantom LC holster. I also have an X400 but no holster for it yet.

·
Registered
42 Posts
just putting somthing out there, if I am wrong someone correct me. Don't Glock .40 cal weapons have serious issues when running something other than a GLOCK light? Seems that I remember this coming up and that alot of reliability problems can result.

·
Registered
192 Posts
TLR-3, check it out.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
just putting somthing out there, if I am wrong someone correct me. Don't Glock .40 cal weapons have serious issues when running something other than a GLOCK light? Seems that I remember this coming up and that alot of reliability problems can result.
There were some reports of issues with some G22 and G23's that had FTF issues with some tac lights. Streamlight had a text file on their web site saying it was a mag spring issue.

I have an Insight M6X light / laser on my G22 and have never had a problem. According to some posts, some lights caused frame flex and resulting feed issues.

As i said, i never experienced any problems with mine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts