1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Back to the top for an excellent post....

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
...."to the bone"

;o)

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A good friend in Atlanta told me that he saw no mention of this in the Atlanta newspaper. Although I have not looked, I am making a shot-in-the-dark guess, and this is just a completely wild guess, mind you, that it's probably not a headline story in the New York Times either.

Gee ...

... what a shock.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
raevan said:
Really now, was there ever any doubt.

Uh,.... that would be .....

no.

:badwords:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I recall seeing pictures of these chemicals/canisters with the USGIs that "liberated" them on the Internet probably 1 year or more ago.

Anyone else remember seeing them? If so, do you remember where?

·
Registered
354 Posts
It is a front page story in the NYT today.
It appears that these are 15-20 year old degraded sarin weapons. The administration is NOT saying this is the WMD they were after.
God Bless

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Yes, I remember seeing that stuff. But none of that really matters because we know Saddam used such weapons on his own people at one time. Whenever my liberal family members start the same rhetoric concerning WMD's, I remind them that just having an individual like Saddam in close proximity to half of the world's petroleum supply is reason enough to take appropriate action. They are just just angry that a republican is the one with the intestinal fortitude to do what is necessary.....

·
Registered
529 Posts
Strange...Scott Ritter, the UN (I may hurl), and the liberal hate-America media machine said "THERE ARE NO WMD's IN IRAQ"

.:confused:

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
chiefs-special-guy said:
It is a front page story in the NYT today.
It appears that these are 15-20 year old degraded sarin weapons. The administration is NOT saying this is the WMD they were after.
God Bless
Hi, chief. I read the article I think you're referring to ...

(Is this it? http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/23/us/23believers.html)

I think that whether or not these were the specific caches of weapons the US thought it knew about is irrelevant. As even the article points out, we couldn't check everything, everywhere.

It's easy to be led astray by the article, which is tendentious as one would expect from the mainstream media and especially the NYT, specifically written to direction away from the true issues and conclusions, and toward the suggestions that the goverment was wrong and that the folks who are still pushing the issue are just a bunch of nutty, UFO-searcher types. If one sticks to the narrow issues, though, they become mighty clear, and so do the conclusions that the now-absolute facts prove.

Here are the material facts provided by the recently declassified document and even the NYT article, at least as I see it:

(1) WMDs have been found - not just recently but since the start of the war,
(2) the WMDs that have been found in Iraq since the start of the war were in a degraded condition when found,
(3) the types of WMDs that have been found degrade as a result of the passage of time.

Here are the inescapable conclusions one must draw from these facts:

(1) Saddam had the newly reported WMDs before the war, and
(2) Saddam did not, as he had said, destroy all his WMDs before the war.

Aside from those two points, the rest is manipulative fluff.

Best ... and God bless you too, my friend!

Jon

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How did the other's pitch it?

·
Registered
569 Posts
You think we will get an appology to Bush from say Hillary, Kerry or any one of those yellow bellied liberals??????

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I was not aware that Sarin gas degrades. Now the containers may over time, but the nerve gas does not, because it is not exposed to anything that would degrade it, like sunlight, extreme heat, etc.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Minor point but I seem to recall that Sarin and another nerve agent are actually and initially comprized of binary elements. Parts ''A'' and "B".

In the binary form neither component is hazardous - only when combined do they achieve potency - and so I am thinking, the ''shelf life'' could be very long.

Could be quite wrong of course - that happens :wink:

·
Administrator
21,104 Posts
well...

Yeah and I suppose that when I was with the 15th MEU we never found artillary muntitions with "trace" finding of bio...You mean to tell me that they didn't had time to truck that stuff into ummmm Syria or Iran, SAY IT AINT SO.

sorry, I'm still just a little cynical of the media, somehow I don't think I'm the only one here with these "feelings"

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
As I keep pointing out to the anti-war types, destroying bio weapons only takes bleach!

Chemical weapons could be buried in a country the size of CA or trucked almost anywhere across the middle east, given the time the invasion was debated.

If you do a Google search, you will find an article by the media slamming the US military for not guarding barrels from a nuclear site in Iraq that people were getting radiation sickness from high level contamination. That level of contamination only results from either reactor waste or a nuclear bomb program. Iraq never had a functioning reactor.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This article is nothing new... they have found realitively small caches of this type of ordinance stashed all over.

THE MOST INTERESTING thing in the article, and my suspicion why most news orgs. didnt carry it is this statement from the article:

"This does not reflect a capacity that was built up after 1991," the official said, adding the munitions "are not the WMDs this country and the rest of the world believed Iraq had, and not the WMDs for which this country went to war."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts