Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What shooting stance do you use? I forgot to add Natural to the subject so added it here.

Reactions: gatorbait51

·
Registered
786 Posts
I also use them all in different scenarios. I also enjoy and practice one hand shooting with various stances.

For two hand shooting I would have to say the modified Weaver is probably my most oft used stance.

·
Registered
21,339 Posts
Like others have said, it depends.

Sometimes its just one hand from no stance or style.

Reactions: redmc and AzQkr

·
Registered
13,187 Posts
Having spent some years studying martial arts, I tend to just automatically go into a type of Weaver stance (front stance or bow and arrow stance in the martial arts) when I'm doing sighted shooting. I have tried the Isosceles and it's fine, but I know if I am under pressure, my right foot will step back instinctively.

If I am point shooting at close range, I like the old FBI crouch. I think of it as kind of a "low, compact Weaver."
Team History

·
Registered
15,726 Posts
With a revolver I tend to modified weaver, with a semi I shoot thumbs forward and it causes a further modification. I see a stance as something to teach a novice as the start to grasp the basics. The grip being the important thing your body mechanics will dictate what stance if any you use.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I practice the Full Speed Back-Pedal until I get turned around. Then it's the "Over Left Shoulder Dodgin' for Cover". :blink:

Reactions: Instymp and OD*

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Honestly, I never knew what it was called but now that I looked it up: Modified Weaver.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts