Defensive Carry banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,632 Posts
Well I reached out to the Smith guy and waiting on a reply. Luckily I'm well stocked in revolvers in 357 magnum so if he agrees to my offer I'll get the Smith.
My first revolver (and 2nd handgun) was a Security Six, and I really like Rugers. Couldn't go wrong with the one in your OP.

BUT, I sorta have a thing for 3" revolvers, and a 3" J-frame is a little unusual. Since you're already well-stocked in .357's, I'd lean pretty hard towards the Smith.

·
Premium Member
6,851 Posts
Smith. Best firearm I ever owned and foolishly parted with was a S&W 65 3 inch.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I would have to handle them, to perform the usual function checks, before making a decision. Photos, viewed on-line, are not enough. Especially during the Bangor Punta era, S&W assembled some shamefully-fitted revolvers.

S&W J-Frames, in general, do not excite me, but with a 3” barrel, and a squared grip frame, I’d certainly take a look at this one. (I have aged-out of wanting to shoot small-frame revolvers, with rounded-butt grips.)

I learned, by the very early Nineties, to appreciate S&W, Colt, and Ruger revolvers.

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
Well I'm going with the Smith just need to set a meet with the owner. I bought a nice Smith SSR 686 from him before so when he says it looks hardly unfired I believe him.
So.......your saying, that your too chicken to buy both?

🤣

Reactions: Rabbit212

·
Registered
6,576 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,182 Posts
What I'm saying is I'm too broke to buy both
I hear you brother!
Between the price of gas and groceries it is hard to find cash for new firearms right now.
Hey, but inflation is a rich mans problem according to the present administration.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I hear you brother!
Between the price of gas and groceries it is hard to find cash for new firearms right now.
Hey, but inflation is a rich mans problem according to the present administration.
Lol if that's the case I must be Scrooge McDuck!!!

·
Registered
7,378 Posts
What I'm saying is I'm too broke to buy both
Never! You have never been too broke to buy two guns, heck, you almost buy one a week I’m not falling for it. Can’t you barter or something? You need both of them!

21 - 40 of 50 Posts