Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I used to think glocks were over-rated like I am sure that some of you think However I had an eye opening experience with the G23, so what did I do.... I went and bought the G19,G26,G30 and have never turned back! I bought the 3.5 trigger pull for all but the 23. My question is I dont know if I want to go all crazy on all 3 of them but what do you glockers suggest doing as a project on one or two of my glocks? I know that they work best left alone but I cant help myself.

Also if anyone has a 357sig barrel that you want to sell me please pm me. I am looking to have the 357 sig for my G23. It's more cost effective than going out and buying the G32

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Might try the 3.5# connector/NY1 trigger spring combo. I really like this combo, and it took a lot of years, and gathering input from this forum before I finally went and did it, and I'm glad I did. Sometimes it is rather easy to go Glock crazy, but in my school, it is best to learn the Glocks as is before one goes tinkering too much with them. Our steel challenge Glocks (G17 and wife's G19), are the ones that get to be the testing grounds for mods in order to make improvements. Our carry Glocks remain stock other than full steel recoil rods.
Good luck with your Glocks and your predisposition on going crazy with them.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
spend all the money on your favorite one. Unless you have money coming out of your arse.

remember mods on a pistol doesn't nessesarily mean better resale or trade in value.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats not an issue at all and yes I know just because you put 5 thousand in a chevette does not mean it's a 5 thousand dollar car :) I understand that. what options do I have as far as making the pistol better is the question

·
Registered
22,908 Posts
Really, there isn't much to do to them. Maybe fool around with different trigger springs until you find a combo you like.
If you really shoot a lot, I suggest putting together a nice parts kit. I've filled a Plano tackle box with just about every little part I could from Glock. It makes for fun tinkering, and when I wear something out i have whatever I need on hand. Parts are cheap enough for the Glocks.

There are some local guys who do the grip reductions if you are interested in that too.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
If you want to spend money on a race Glock, try the Titanium striker and plunger set, a Wolff striker and trigger spring, and a good 3.5 connector. Sights of your choice, maritime spring cups, maybe an aluminum slide cover plate.

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
It took me years to adapt to a Glock, and during this past year...my Kimbers have become home-bound and my Glock-36 has become my constant travel partner, my EDC.
I already have a Glock-26, with more Glocks on the list of 'next'...:smile:

I also want to take the Glock Armorer course at some point in the future.:yup:

Stay armed...Go Glock!:You_Rock_Emoticon:...stay safe!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Nice choices. I currently have the 19 and 30SF. I'm thinking about getting another 27 and maybe a 34. I'd just shoot them stock for a while. That way you get a feel for what you might want to change or add.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have already put 300 rounds through each of them and I like them alot. I have decided to the the 3.5 connector into the 26,19,30 and give everything a good polishing and then on my 23 I am going to make into a competition gun. I have a guy that shoots the glock competitions here locally and he is going to be setting up my 23 for me. He has 2 competition guns that are setup with a 2 pound trigger pull and the reset is crazy on them

·
Registered
11,298 Posts
The mods I made to my 26 are:

Tru-Glo TFO sights

CT Laserguard

Pearce +0 pinky extensions on the mags

And, just yesterday, the Vickers tactical extended mag release. These are only a few mm longer than standard, and do make it a bit easier to drop the mag without changing your grip as much. Maybe it's just my thumb, but I still find I need to twist the pistol in my hand a bit to eject the mag - just not as much as with the stock release. So far, no issue accidentally dropping the mag, like I've read with some other extended mag releases. Time will tell.

My 19 has factory night sights, CT Lasergrips, and the Vickers mag release.

I don't see a need for anything else.

I used to have grip plugs on my 19, but removed them. Good to have the option of ripping the mag out, if need be.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dont the entended mag feature get in your way when you holster the gun? i would think that the it would accidently release the mag when put in the holster

·
Registered
791 Posts
dont the entended mag feature get in your way when you holster the gun? i would think that the it would accidently release the mag when put in the holster
Mine doesn't.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Glockworx - By ZEV Technologies, talk to Ray, hes the man when it comes to Glock Mods.

Ive just finished kitting out my G34 with lots of ZEV Trigger Mods.

ZEV Race Connector
ZEV Competition Spring Kit
ZEV Titanium Plunger
ZEV Heavy Recoil Rod
ISMI 13# recoil spring

As for sights you can get much better than Dawson Percision Fiber Front and Target Rear.

Shooting is now a breeze and im having no problem laying down 5" or less groups at 25 yards.

But for a Defensive Carry weapon leave it stock.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Good, good, your transformation to the dark side is almost complete... :devil:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Always keep in mind the advice of Massad Ayoob: as soon as you change to a lighter connector you open yourself to a nasty court battle should you prevail in an armed conflict.

What I've done is change the sights on my G26, G19, and G34 to the Heinie Slant Pro with Dawson Fiber Optic front sight and then swapped out the trigger springs and striker spring to a Wolff setup. Extended release for the slides is the only other alteration, except for the G34 which also has the extended magazine release. If all three present the same sight picture and offer the same trigger release and have the same manual of arms, then you've got a fighting chance with any of the Glocks based on familiarity alone.

The most important factor is practice ... in IDPA, IPSC, GSSF, whatever you can find to run against the clock and put some pressure on yourself as you draw and shoot. I like competing with the carry guns (G26 and G19) in the morning and then 'gaming' the stages in the afternoon with the G34. In my wildest dreams, I'd like to compete in enough sanctioned matches to qualify for a national meet (or 2 or 3) and then rest on my laurels if it suits me. Meanwhile, I'm developing realistic survival skills for the new millennium.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Mods to my Glocks. All mods function and work perfectly and 100 percent reliably, increase functionality and do not interfere with holstering, operation and handling in any way.

G19
Trigicon night sights
3.5 connector
Wolff trigger springs and striker spring
Glock extended magazine release
Extended slide stop lever
Extended slide lock/release
SS guide rod
Grip backstrap plug
Pearce plus one mag extention

G26
XS Big Dot night sights