Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I wanted another .45 acp, in that I only have one (one is none, two is one, etc...) I looked at several in the Xd line, all the .45 Glocks, with the intent of buying small and CC-oriented, even though I didn't really think I would carry anything other than my G21 SF if I was carrying .45. I looked at all of them.

I don't like IWB carry - I'm and old, thick guy. And try though I have, I just don't like the feel of the smaller Glocks, or smaller Xd's, or really any smaller. So, to make a long story short, I really liked the feel of the M&P45. Got it home, played with the interchangeable palmswells/backstraps, parted with some increasingly precious 230 grain JHP out back, learned the trigger's funny reset, and started shooting pretty well in under a box.

I realize I've committed Glock sacrilege, but I just bought a really solid, great shooting, more concealable gun than my G21. Granted, I already have the Glock mags, holsters, etc.... but I think this is a great gun.

I'm looking for a little affirmation, here. What's your experience with the M&P?

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Don't have one yet, but.mine will prob be the 45c. I don't like Glocks so u did fine by me!

Reactions: USM1976

·
Super Moderator
50,612 Posts
Just for YOU and a few of the other lost souls who have stepped away from Glock for a while, we'll keep the light on and the "Welcom Back" sign out in front.:wave:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
The M&P just feels better. I have one, and it gets along great with the Glocks.

·
Banned
2,625 Posts
Not a M&P guy. Didn't really like my recently sold Shield. Glocks still appeal more to me. But congrats on the new purchase nonetheless!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Love my M&P. Shot the military M9 for years and hated it every time it was in my hand. Handled a Glock, CZ, and a half dozen others. Tested a few at the range, but nothing felt as good as the M&P. The trigger is a bit funky, but now I don't even notice it. It just feels like "my gun."

·
Premium Member
39,179 Posts
You aren't going to get any grief from me. I have four different guns I carry regularly: two Glocks; one M&P; and another S&W. If you asked me which one I like the best, I would not be able to give you an honest answer. I love them all. If you asked me what my next pistol purchase is going to be, I would tell you an M&Pc. Did you get a full size or compact?

Reactions: Bark'n

·
Registered
624 Posts
Love my full size M&P 9. It just doesn't get much range time since the 9mm ammo disappeared. Great gun, shoots where I point it.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
I really like my M&P 9c.The funny thing about the Glocks is, I tried them way back in the first generation. Hated the trigger and the feel of the gun in my hand. When I actually shot them I never even noticed the trigger and found I shot them pretty well; go figure.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You aren't going to get any grief from me. I have four different guns I carry regularly: two Glocks; one M&P; and another S&W. If you asked me which one I like the best, I would not be able to give you an honest answer. I love them all. If you asked me what my next pistol purchase is going to be, I would tell you an M&Pc. Did you get a full size or compact?
I got the four inch barrel...I've got a couple of pocket 9's, but I really prefer a "fightin' gun" should I ever need it. I belt carry 90% of the time, and really thought the M&P would be a bed side gun, but now I'm gonna have to round up a decent holster, after some more round to make absolutely sure it's reliable....so far, love it.

·
Premium Member
3,280 Posts
I liked my M&P 45 Compact, but I like the XDM 45 Compact 3.8-inch barrel more, so I recently traded.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Went to buy a glock and came home with an m&p. I see you came to your senses grasshopper. Jus kiddin. Took me a bit to get used to my m&p 9c and I really like it now. Enjoy yours and be sure to give a full range report.

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
I love how the M&P's sits in my hands and feel they are a very solid pistol. Having said that, I seem to shoot Glocks better. I don't really care for the trigger reset on the M&P's but other than that they are certainly good pistols.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I've committed Glock sacrilege, but I just bought a really solid, great shooting, more concealable gun than my G21. Granted, I already have the Glock mags, holsters, etc.... but I think this is a great gun.

I'm looking for a little affirmation, here. What's your experience with the M&P?

It means you can think for yourself! The only M&P I have is a Shield but I love it almost as much as my XDm.

·
Registered
323 Posts
We all make mistakes in life. Best thing to do is just move on...

Ha! I'd love to buy an M&P but I don't like the triggers.

In God and Glock we Trust

1 - 20 of 60 Posts