Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mom took me out to the gun range in Port Richey today to celebrate my 21st birthday so I could shoot some guns to help me decide which one I want to get as my carry weapon once I save up my money.

I shot the Glock 17, Glock 19, Springfield XD, and Sig P226 (only ones they had that were on my list of guns I'm considering, the entire list is like twenty something different weapons :lol:) So far the Glock 19 is my favorite. It felt really good in my hand.

YouTube - Range trip

·
Registered
80 Posts
That sounds like an awesome bithday!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Happy Birthday!

Don't forget Mom next Mother's day, sounds like a great lady!

Joker1

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Those are some big guns. Physically I mean.

Be sure to walk around the store with one concealed (if permissible or with exclusive permission of store management first).

YOu will then see if you really like having to dress around the gun or maybe find another smaller framed model that suits you best.

Then again I don't know what you look like either, you do, so you know what fits you best obviously.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Happy B-day and range day.
:danceban:

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Any day at the range is a good day! Spent with a Glock....even better!
Happy belated birthday!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Happy belated B'day! I'm glad you had the chance to try a few guns you'd like to buy. I have a G26. It's my primary carry handgun.

You're lucky you have a Mom who understands the importance of handguns for self defense.

Again, a belated happy birthday!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks again everybody!

Those are some big guns. Physically I mean.

Be sure to walk around the store with one concealed (if permissible or with exclusive permission of store management first).

YOu will then see if you really like having to dress around the gun or maybe find another smaller framed model that suits you best.

Then again I don't know what you look like either, you do, so you know what fits you best obviously.
Thanks for the suggestion I'll make sure to do that before making my final decision (won't be for awhile though, :lol:)

Happy Birthday!

Don't forget Mom next Mother's day, sounds like a great lady!

Joker1
I won't!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Can't beat a G19 for a carry piece. It is the perfect weight and size to carry. Good luck on your choice and you have a cool mom. :)

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
Beats having your mom bail you outta jail like some irresponsible kids that think turning 21 means consume all the alcohol in town before morning,congrats on the range trip,try out the M&P line of guns,I carry a 45c and bought my daughter a M&P9c she loves

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Happy Birthday.

The Glock 19 would make a great EDC choice.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Happy Birthday

However....You need to keep your firearm pointed DOWNRANGE all the time.

Every time you finished a magazine you pointed it to your left.

Turn your body while loading, etc, but keep the muzzle downrange.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Port richey? Is that florida? (sorry to get intrusive)

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
You could do a lot worse than the G19, I am actually looking for a good deal on a used one right now. I doubt it will replace my P228, but I still want one. EDC is my P228 or a G23. For holsters I have found none better than the Bianchi Carryloc.

NCH

·
Banned
2,095 Posts
Beats having your mom bail you outta jail like some irresponsible kids that think turning 21 means consume all the alcohol in town before morning,
Dang, I thought you guys weren't aware of my party.... That was soooo long ago :9::9:

Nice list. I am sitting here at my outdoor home "office" on this beautiful day with my trusty P226 on my hip OWB. I am a 6'1" , 220 lbs kinda guy and I usually keep this for my home defense weapon and companion around the expansive grounds of Chez Mac.

When out and about - especially in warm weather like we have here - my Kimber Ultra CDP II is a much better carry companion. The Glocks are also a nice choice. I am thinking a G26 or G19 is in my immediate future. We're a 9mm kinda family. Saves hassles when buying ammo in bulk.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts