Defensive Carry banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has a Beretta Neos 22LR pistol (4" barrel) and a Bersa 380 CC (duotone). I'm thinking that selling/trading them both and adding some cash might get her a better carry weapon (thinking Taurus Slim at the moment - she's tiny). Of course she would let her try them on for size and she would be the one choosing: I know my place (=carrying the credit card).

Any idea what they might be worth? They're in plenty good shape (to my untrained eye, anyway), though each has fired several hundred rounds.

These are not the specific items, but look close enough to what we have as to be a fair representation (the photos are not to the same scale, but you probably knew that):

Attachments

·
Registered
763 Posts
The Neos retails for $375. I just bought two (6" barrels) for our shooting sports club at $250 (good discount from a 4-H supporter). $300 - $325 would be a pretty good price for a used Neos in good to excellent condition.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Trading them is a bad idea, you will take a beating on a trade. The market value on the 22 is probably in the $250 range, the Bersa probably around $200.
You can do better , this is just a middle of the road deal.
I would let her try out a Kahr. The grip is small and the triggers are quite smooth. I am certain she could handle a 9mm.
Glock makes a .45 acp single stack called the Model 36 that is slim.
Almost everyone I know has liked the grip on the Smith and Wesson M&P's, the backstrap is interchangeable , it comes in a compact model and the triggers are good for a DAO.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the group, sker13! Hope you profit as much as I have from the wisdom here. Clovis, eh? Had a nice breakfast there once, if I remember (I grew up in San Jose and went to school in LA, so came close many times).

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Let her keep the 2 she has, and buy her the slim (or whatever she decides on) as a present. :santaclaus:

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'd sell the Beretta and keep the Bersa. Those are awesome little .380's and very concealable.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
keeping the bersa would be keeping a gun the same size as a small 9mm and it shoots harder to find and more expensive ammo....kinda defeats the purpose...although its a nice gun...

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The appeal to keeping one or both is tempered by practicality: we're trying to pay off debt while she's in college (kinda hard). I understand the adage that one will *always* regret getting rid of any firearms.

But...

The Beretta has a different grip angle so I'm not sure practicing with it would be as beneficial as practicing with one's carry weapon. And it might generate some cash for a new purchase, and be a good intro gun or a fun plinker for someone else.

The Bersa is of lower power than she *can* handle, so is not optimal for a bedside stand weapon (I would like her to get a 20ga for that). If fits her hand nicely, though, and may yet be a good choice for carry. But she's tiny and feels the Bersa is larger than she is likely to be able to conceal (I think this could be dealt with, but she's not keen on many of the cover garment options she's seen suggested).

I'm torn between the P3AT/LCP (small but still 380, and not likely to be fun to shoot resulting in less practice) and a small 9mm (can't afford Rohrbaugh or Kahr, and the Kel-Tec P-F9 and the Taurus Slim may still be too large... though we'll be trying them on for size).

We have time to decide and to save and/or sell, as her 21st is still some months away. Maybe a visit to Cornered Cat for wardrobe advice would be in order, along with a purchase of a belly band or smartcarry for her Bersa... or a contoured belt and a decent holster.

Thanks, all! (Still open to suggestions, of course, on sales/trades/holsters/etc.)

·
Registered
473 Posts
keeping the bersa would be keeping a gun the same size as a small 9mm and it shoots harder to find and more expensive ammo....kinda defeats the purpose...although its a nice gun...
To some yes, but its foolish to say that "because i have one of these i shouldnt need to have one of these too", who cares. Maybe the Bersa could become a nice vehichle gun....

·
Administrator
143,838 Posts
Please make trade and/or money deals and offers VIA the DC Forum Private Mail feature.
Do not make those offers publicly - it craps up a thread.

You can do that by clicking on the members name and then click on "Send A Private Message To.............." on the drop down menu.
Thank You

I would give 250.00 for the Bersa Thunder .380 In excellent condition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts