Defensive Carry banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Bullpup fan here. So much so that I've toyed with designs/prototypes using the Ruger 10/22, the AR & GLOCK 17 as starting points. Trigger (IMHO) IS the primary issue. And (again IMHO) the Tavor w/"improved trigger" comes about as close to OEM factory, combat Bullpup...nirvana (yet thinner/lighter would certainly attract my undecided attention). BTY, I have the 10/22 figured-out! :image035:

·
Registered
189 Posts
I like Bullpups for Urban Environment and vehicle use - A little more wide open spaces I probably go with a AR10 - i would love to see a Tavor in .308 or 7.62x39 for those situations with hostile vehicles.

If I m correct the Tavor was 14 years in development - 1995 - prototype 2005 - put into service limited basis 2009 - I believe I read somewhere IDF all Tavor by 2018. They have improved on the Tavor with the X95.

The X95 comes in 5.56, 5.45x39 (inexpensive ammo), and 9mm. Word is they developing a 7.62.

Remember MOA is different for Battle Rifles, and many complain about the accuracy of the Tavor at 300m (also believe it has some to do with bullet weight to 1/7 rifling). For me the balance of the Tavor works the best for daily use. The other benefit over the Tavor to other bullpups is you can fire Right or Left handed and not worry about hot brass to the neck and face.

Now, interesting is the reemergence of the Galil Ace - redesigned and improved with caliber options 7.62x39, .308, and 5.56. and folding stock (i have not picked one up yet, but looks like possibility for another vehicle weapon with the folding stock).

·
Registered
10,306 Posts
"The fundamental mechanisms can and should be re-imagined by talented designers to help elegantly and economically surmount these barriers to becoming fully competitive with conventional designs."

Well, yeah, that would do it!

Reactions: drift

·
Registered
41,412 Posts
Competitively priced against an AR wouldn't hurt its market share.

·
Registered
10,689 Posts
Competitively priced against an AR wouldn't hurt its market share.
I don't think they will ever be able to produce them at a significantly cheaper price given that they don't sell in big numbers. It's a catch 22 situation. And even if someone comes up with a really great one, they probably still won't be as cheap because there will be a patent. It's not like the AR where anyone can build one and the parts are essentially universal.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I don't think they will ever be able to produce them at a significantly cheaper price given that they don't sell in big numbers. It's a catch 22 situation. And even if someone comes up with a really great one, they probably still won't be as cheap because there will be a patent. It's not like the AR where anyone can build one and the parts are essentially universal.
Brother Raven, did you maliciously pop kid's birthday balloons as well? Fun sucker! :hand5:

·
Registered
41,412 Posts
I just never liked the idea of the firing chamber being right next to my face...figure I'm ugly enough as it is.
Then you have nothing to lose. Curmudgeon says so.

·
Registered
11,544 Posts
As someone who learned close order drill and manual of arms with the Garand, I think troops marching with bullpups just look silly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts