Defensive Carry banner

What is protected? (Choose as many as you like)

• Knives and blunt weapons

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Repeating/semi-auto firearms (revolvers, rifles, etc)

Votes: 40 100.0%
  • Fully-automatic personal firearms (assault rifles, etc)

Votes: 33 82.5%
  • Explosives (grenades, rocket-propelled grenades, etc)

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Accessories and modifications with utility (sights, scopes, grips, suppressors, etc)

Votes: 34 85.0%
  • “Fun” accessories and modifications (cosmetic changes, cartoon-themed furniture, etc)

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • Crew-served weapons (heavy machine guns, mortars, etc)

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Weaponized ground vehicles (tanks, etc)

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Weaponized aircraft

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Chemical/poison

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Biological

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Nuclear

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Non-expanding ammunition

Votes: 37 92.5%
  • Expanding or fragmenting ammunition

Votes: 34 85.0%
  • Less-lethal weapons (pepper spray, Taser, etc)

Votes: 31 77.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of the recent discussions about suppressors, I thought it would be interesting to get a read on what people think about the scope of the 2A. What items do you believe are protected by the 2A? Meaning, what items do an individual (who has not lost their rights by court order) have a legal right to own?

·
Registered
33,915 Posts
I don't see my five-kilo, thermonuclear hand grenades on that list!

I don't see any common resolution to that poll.

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
Actually I DO own ALL of those! The American taxpayer, of which I am one, owns even the most destructive items on that list. Along with quite a few you didn't mention, like ballistic missile submarines, aircraft carriers, B2 bombers, on and on the list goes.

It is too bad those who don't want me to own any of them, insists I pay for all of them...and then some!

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I DO own ALL of those! The American taxpayer, of which I am one, owns even the most destructive items on that list. Along with quite a few you didn't mention, like ballistic missile submarines, aircraft carriers, B2 bombers, on and on the list goes.

It is too bad those who don't want me to own any of them, insists I pay for all of them...and then some!
I see your point, though actually you own about one three-hundred-millionth of each of those items. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Lately, in some states, I'd say; "NONE OF THE ABOVE!

Reactions: Instymp and OldChap

·
Registered
6,736 Posts
I see your point, though actually you own about one three-hundred-millionth of each of those items. :lol:
It didn't seem like that little when they took the taxes out of my pay!

Reactions: maxwell97

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
To keep it simple. All of it.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
8,072 Posts

And more importantly, you don't get to go to a range and play with all of them! I've gotten to play with: Weaponized aircraft, high explosives and nuclear. I've been trained on chemical/poison and biological, also on some really nasty variants that aren't on the list. Good times!

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting results so far. Keep it coming!

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
I'll probably be on some list now (if I'm not already). I was just browsing the Amazon Prime Video library and there's lots of stuff on the militarization of the police, the movement to disarm us, and movement toward suppression of free speech. And, of course, conspiracy theories.

Reactions: maxwell97

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I would say anything available to city, state, and federal law enforcement agencies, should be available to civilians without government interference.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I cut out the Nuc/Bio categories due to their inherent natures to spread beyond their immediate areas. I don't think the founding fathers would have been ok with anyone having weaponized anthrax and such. Having worked with radio-actives I can truly say that they can be very difficult to handle safely. We got in a shipment of P-32 in and my lab mate signed for it and left it sitting on the counter. I thought our major professor was going to have a heart attack and rightfully so. If it had gotten loose we all could easily been exposed and it would have been a bad deal. Having radioactive phosphorus incorporated into ones DNA is usually a buzzkill.

·
Banned
5,322 Posts
One can approach the poll from the perspective of the founding fathers, or for what one believes personally. Since the personal aspect, I think, defeats the purpose of the poll, I answered as I think the founding fathers intended.

·
Registered
119 Posts
“the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding,” - US Supreme Court, Caetano v. Massachusetts, 2016

1 - 20 of 21 Posts