Defensive Carry banner

41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Shield 9mm all the time. Breaking in a new compact 4” for winter.
Smith compact 2.0...40 cal...4 inch..15 round mags.
Good timing guys. I've been carrying a Shield 9 and I'm going later today to pick up my new 9 compact, which is the 2.0 with 4" barrel.

I haven't decided whether it will become my carry gun or not, I bought it because I liked how it felt in my hands and I'd like another range gun so that when I go with my son we both have a 9mm to shoot.

Any thoughts on how the compact compares to the Shield as a carry gun? Obviously it's a little bigger and heavier but do you notice a big difference?

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Glock 23 IWB + spare mag + Shield 40 in weak hand front pocket, same combo I carried when it was hot.
The Glock 23 works for me AIWB or strong side, versatile.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Another one whose answer is "Same as the rest of the year" - my Glock 19. What changes though is the holster, during the Spring, Fall, and Winter I carry my 19 in my Kramer OWB horsehide belt scabbard. During the Summer or when I want/need more concealment it rides in my Sparks SSII (or possibly my Comp Tac CTAC or MTAC).

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Same as my summer carry... M&P40 Compact w/10+1=11 rounds of 180 gr HST. Potent caliber/rounds, reliable, accurate, handles very well, good capacity, good trigger, compact, lightweight. Makes good sense to me - a very good balance of important attributes. Not too big, not too small.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Looking at all these pictures makes me realize how cloistered my life has been … by financial necessity (and a wife who simply doesn't GET IT). Gotta admit I feel a sense of jealousy. As of now, my choices are limited to one of two Sig P365s (with our without WML) and/or a Ruger LCPII in the right front pocket. I figger I'm lucky I can shoot ONE gun with a level of proficiency that wouldn't have me spraying lead all over the place in a violent confrontation. Without some encouragement from my spousal unit, I'll never get in enough range time to master more than the Sigs and the LCP.

41 - 60 of 90 Posts