Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking closely at two Springfield models: the Ronin and the Range Officer Elite. There’s about a $300 difference (MSRP) between the two, but I’m really leaning towards the Range Officer Elite even though it’s more moola. It will be my second 1911, and my second 10mm pistol. I’ve looked at other 10mm 1911s, but I’m kind of stuck on one of these two Springfields. Any help?

·
Registered
19,634 Posts
I am looking closely at two Springfield models: the Ronin and the Range Officer Elite. There’s about a $300 difference (MSRP) between the two, but I’m really leaning towards the Range Officer Elite even though it’s more moola. It will be my second 1911, and my second 10mm pistol. I’ve looked at other 10mm 1911s, but I’m kind of stuck on one of these two Springfields. Any help?
Get what your heart is really set on.

Reactions: Bad Bob

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I will at some time in the next year or so seriously look into buying a 10mm-I would prefer a Ronin but a Kimber Target II in 10 mm would also be fine.
Between the Ronin or the Range Officer I would take the Ronin-just like the looks and do not care for a Parked pistol.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Got to go with your gut. For me, no hesitation, the Ronin. I think its cleaner, better looking. Seems to have the same important features as far as forged frame, slide, match grade barrel. I just like the classic clean look of a 1911. I have no use for a rail so for me its unnecessary bulk and ugly. If you need a rail and like the tactical look then the Ranger would be the one.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
18,895 Posts
I have two Colt Delta Elites and a Springfield Armory TRP Operator in 10mm. The Springfield has a fully supported chamber while the Colts do not. That is only important if you reload.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I have a Ronin in .45 ACP and plan to add the 10mm version in the future. The Ronin seems to have a lot of features at a decent price point. I was able to pick up my Ronin NIB a few months back at $100 below MSRP, even in spite of the madness going on.

Having said that, the TRP @LimaCharlie posted above me is one sweet looking 1911.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
I'm not familiar with the difference in those Springfields; I'd get the one I liked better.
I have Colt Delta Elite, Kimber TLE, and Ruger 10mm 1911's.
Delta lack of case support allows brass to bulge; same ammo in other pistols, no bulge.
I like the Delta despite that it bulges brass.
Stainless Ruger had all black sights which I "enhanced" with Dremel, paint, and angel of mercy.
Kimber and Ruger have ramped barrel.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
782 Posts
Currently, I have just 1 10mm. Currently it is sitting collecting dust, because I picked it up in November last year, but with ammo availability what I'd has been, I haven't put it through the ringer enough to feel comfortable carrying it yet. I hopefully will be picking up another one or two 10mm handguns in the future.

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
18,895 Posts
My Colt Delta Elites. Without a fully supported chamber, I usually load them with Winchester Silvertip 175 grain ammo. My other 10mm handguns usually get Underwood or Buffalo Bore 180 grain JHP ammo.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
I've only got one, an old Colt Delta Elite that was worked over by Wilson back in '93, but I REALLY like it.

·
Super Moderator
18,734 Posts
This Delta Elite has seen more use than I expected it would and it's given complete satisfaction. It's turned out to be a regular choice for trips afield.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
You have ammo?
Otherwise, what's the point.

·
Premium Member
2,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You have ammo?
Otherwise, what's the point.
I do. Not a ton, but it won’t always be this tough to find. Ammo or lack there of will not deter me from this acquisition.

Reactions: LimaCharlie

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
I have a Delta Elite. Had it a long time and like it a lot. I came close the getting a Dan Wesson. I think I liked the Dan Wesson more than my Delta.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts