Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most of us are probably gung ho gun nuts, who carry 24/7 and would not be caught dead with out their primary gun-of-choice, but what about your OTHER half. Does he/she share your passion.

Do they
1) share no interest, just tolerate you.?
2) share some interest, shoot a gun when you insist?
3) very interested, shoot with you, and maybe carry also?
4) more of a nut than you, you fight for who gets to buy the next pistol and for whom?

Just wanted to get a survey on the readers.
Oh yeah, my wife is probably between 1 or 2!:twak:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
My Wife carrys a heavyer cal than i do LOl daughter also carrys , i would say both are pretty interested LOL

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Old lady doesn't carry anymore but had a CCW in different state before she moved here.

Course she like guns not as much as i to bad

·
Registered
363 Posts
Wifey Is getting her licance soon, but isnt as gun nutz as i am but with a little coaxing i can get her pretty interested

·
Registered
216 Posts
My wife is not a gun enthusiast, but more than tolerates my enthusiasm.

She's been trained by no other than Chuck Taylor and carries on a regular basis! Thank the Lord!

·
Super Moderator
19,004 Posts
My girlfriend will hunt and shoot with me , but isn't neary as "into" shooting and guns as I am.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Mrs. Airedale bird hunts with me, shoots revolver division in USPSA, shoots 3 gun and has her CCW.

She's not a gun nut-just enjoys the same things I do.

Dave

·
Registered
336 Posts
my wife has her ccw permit and enjoys shooting as much as i do. Her primary carry pistol is a Ruger 95. But also has an AR-15, Marlin 30-30 and afew shotguns as well.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Wife recently purchased her own Glock 26 in 9mm, loves to shoot, and has begun the process to obtain her CWP.

Just for the record, her propensity and ability to go for the "head shot" is just a little disconcerting. . .

mm

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
My wife has come a long way since we wed near 6 years ago. She grew up around guns, even her dad answered the door with his revo in hand!!

But it was when her bro shot and killed her grandfather thru a tragic accident a long ways back, that she became, not so much anti gun but - very uncomfortable with them.

Over time tho she has eased off a lot and now has her (my!) Bersa 380 as carry - having got her permit a year ago. She will come out shooting now and again and enjoys it when we do - even shoots darned well too, which makes me proud. You should see her shoot the AK - awesome!!! :smile:

Only prob is trying to get her to carry much more often tho I doubt I'll ever get her to 16/7 status. Still - not bad at all - and I am proud of her even being where she is now with it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
My wife was supportive of my gun habit since it began 2 yrs. ago. Having grown up around guns, she is very pro-2nd Amendment, but wasn't comfortable carrying a gun herself.

She was OK to go shooting with me; we wanted a hobby we could do together, and I'm not a fan of scrapbooking. Over time, she became interested in having a pistol of her own, for when I'm not home. We tried out a bunch of different pistols, and ended up buying her a CZ PCR and later a Firestorm .380 which she will use for CCW.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife is a tree hugging liberal. She doesn't like guns at all. She loves me more though. She tolerates my ownership and carrying. A little ray of hope for her is that she bought me a glock 27 for X-mas. My carry weapon now.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
A little ray of hope for her is that she bought me a glock 27 for X-mas.
Well that has to be progress ++ - can't all be love :wink:

Welcome too BTW :smile:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well, I suspect my wife would be a "1.2" or so. Ever since I got the XD40 in Dec., she's be real wary of me, and I couldnt figure out why. So, I finally asked her, and she told me the reason she is abit wary is that when she was a teen-ager, dating, her Dad threaten her and then boyfriend with a gun, and he (her dad) was such a NUTCASE that he'd probably do it. I can see her reasoning, being afraid I was gonna "bump her off". Heck, I can afford that, she's my "mealticket" with her working and me being retired, ha. (Does that mean she's my "Sugar Momma"??) :hand10:
I sold some exercise equipment here yesterday, and with that, I am going to go get a J-frame for her to shoot (or for me). I already picked up her glasses/ear protection, so she kinda got interested then, in a way. We'll see and will give a report back, when I can get her to the range.

John

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I think my wife is a 1.5. I would love to get her more interested and carry, but she hasn't showed any interest. And like someone else said, I am not into scrapbooking. She has went to the range and shot with me before, and watched a few matches I was in, but still can't even get her to consider CCW. She knew I was a gun nut when she married me, and her knowledge of guns she not the reason I married her, so I guess I am ok with that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wife doesn't carry. Mainly just goes along with it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My wife is about a 3

She has her own guns & currently wants a Thunder Ranch 44. It makes it easier to sneak guns in.. But she also knows exactly what I have so I cant use that old line " Dear, I have had that for ages." This said about the last gun ya snuck in the house...

Take care & shoot safe.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My wife carries as well, her .38spl model 60, and has been known to carry a bug. She isn't a gun nut but loves being married to one. She'll even remind me that its time for another firearm, should I forget.

Michael

·
Registered
878 Posts
My wife ( Lori) took the CCW class with me 2 years ago, has just applied for her license and wants a revolver. She shoots my pistols with me but prefers a revolver to carry when she does. She thinks I am funny with my obsession with guns and self preservation.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts