Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that we all carry different stuff at different times so this is nothing more than a snapshot from today. I normally do not carry a phone and keys on me at all times and when I do its usually in a jacket or vest pocket or likely a cargo pocket as I wear a lot of BDU style pants. At work the phone and keys go in the lunch box, I really don't like a lot of bulk in my pockets.

I found the thread from G26 raven about wallet location interesting so this is just an expansion on that theme.

A Sunday with what my wife sarcastically calls my "Bat belt". So be it. Its all very comfortable.

The belt stuff.

Bat Belt 1.jpg
642 carried appendix in a PHLster "city special" holster loaded with Buffalo Bore 150 grain hardcast wadcutters.
Bat Belt 2.jpg
At 3:00 a Safariland Comp 1 speedloader in a Crossbred holster and a nylon/Velcro pouch with a 4 round quick strip behind that. Both loaded with Hornady Critical Defense 110 grain +P only because those pointy tips make loading much more positive and reliable.
Bat Belt 3.jpg
At 9:00 a Streamlight Pro-Tac with a Leatherman behind that. A serrated Ka-Bar TDI in front.
All on a 1.75" wide 511 operator belt with a Velcro closure on the tongue. Very comfortable belt.

The pocket stuff:

EDC 1.jpg
Support side front pocket is a small recycled firefighter bi-fold wallet and the ever present SAK Classic.
EDC 2.jpg
Strong side front is my Kershaw Skyline and another 4 round quick strip.
EDC 3.jpg
Cargo pocket left side is my trusty flip phone and right side is my keys although these are rarely carried on my person unless its in the store or something and then they go in a jacket,vest or sweatshirt pocket if available.

I could do a different setup for when I carry the 1911 or woods carry the GP100 or even pocket carry of the 642 and or the Pico. Stiffer leather belt and some different accessories but, a lot of it stays the same.

Maybe I have too many options? :blink:What about you?

I forgot.. I usually wear compression type under garment as it keeps all those wrinkles from impairing my access to "stuff" and it stays cool in the summer. Just a thin sweatshirt cover on today.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Bat belt". That's pretty funny. Kinda reminds me of this kind of a set up for daily carry:

Yeah, I used to wear one like that for work with a S&W 4506 sidearm. Some heavy belt that was.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Phone, keys, wallet, small 400lumen flashlight, small folding knife, P99AS IWB strong side, 2nd magazine (18 rounds JHP) weak side belt.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Today , nothing I haven't left the house , I don't walk around my house with a gun on ...

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Just this and my cell phone. Usually the 642 is pocket carried but I've been experimenting with carrying it on the belt the past few weeks.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
I'm usually just gun and 1 spare mag (Glock 23, G22 spare mag), but I don't get out much. Today Mrs OldChap was feeling a little under the weather so we played hookey from church. I carry a different setup when we go there, and I carry a whole different arrangement when I go with her to perform overwatch.

I really like the Ka-Bar TDI. I carry it on the left side as designed.

·
Registered
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm usually just gun and 1 spare mag (Glock 23, G22 spare mag), but I don't get out much. Today Mrs OldChap was feeling a little under the weather so we played hookey from church. I carry a different setup when we go there, and I carry a whole different arrangement when I go with her to perform overwatch.

I really like the Ka-Bar TDI. I carry it on the left side as designed.
I know it seems backwards to some but, that knife to me is essentially a left handed tool with right handed access as well. At least that is how I use it. Makes a great anti gun grab weapon or a seat belt cutter.

·
Banned
705 Posts
It's situational

At home I carry a Glock 26, sometimes with a reload sometimes not.

At work tonight I'll have a Glock 26 and a Glock19 magazine for a reload. A Fenix UC35 light on my belt and a Fenix RC05 in my pocket. A Buck 110 folder and a Gerber Multitool on my belt and a CPR kit (company policy even though I am literally the only person on the site. I suppose so I could do CPR on an alley cat if needed). I carry OC spray at work but nowhere else. I also always carry a 40 ounce Hydroflask full of water to work.

Not at work I carry a Glock 19 and 2 reloads. The Fenix RC05 in my pocket. A Gerber Multitool on my belt and a CRKT Ignitor knife in my pocket. No OC and no CPR kit.

I also never leave home without my wallet, phone, sunglasses and a handkerchief.

I have a back pack that stays in my car for work. It has a set of long johns and boxers because I've gone to work in boxers and needed long underwear by noon and gone to work in long johns and needed boxers by noon. Beanie hat/ball cap, gloves (winter and tacticool). Extra socks, nail clippers, spare sunglasses, wet wipes, aspirin, ibuprofen, tums, Imodium, Yack Trax (ice cleats) a uniform sweater, a high speed yellow safety vest and a coat.

Being I live in Colorado there's always a blanket or two and some MREs in the trunk along with a shovel and an emergency saw.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Church today was a Glock 19 w/1 reload …..Benchmade folder....Olight Baton mini.

·
Registered
8,711 Posts
Sig P229 Legion, spare magazine, wallet, phone. No knife, tourniquet, etc. Didn't go anywhere except to take a 3 mile walk down a sparsely populated county road.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts