Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a nib Sccy cpx 1 for a good price. It fits in my pocket with room to spare...nice!! What ammo does this pocket rocket like eat??
Tia

·
Registered
334 Posts
Every weapon is different, try the big ones out, personally Id start with Federal HST 147gr, but run them all a couple of hundred times...

Reactions: Rainsong

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I'm old school and still shoot Federal Hydra-Shok in my .45ACP (230 gr) & 9mm (124 gr).

The HST is a more modern development.

Gold Dot seems to be the best of the best. Our local police & SWAT recommend them. (I used to sign the paychecks for 170 policemen & women and still have some friends on the force).

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
147 have sketchy performance from sub 4" barrels stick with 124's if you find the recoil of those unpleasant back down to the 115's , when you find the weight you and the gun likes then you get to have the fun of mastering that mile long DAO trigger on the SCCY, short barrel ,short sight radius, heavy trigger, it is going to take some work, start at 5 yards and try to get the group to where you can cover it with your hand, move on out to 7 then 10 yards after you start to figure that trigger out, if you are real steady and have smooth trigger control you might get hand size groups at 15 yards with that pistol. it's a good pistol for it's intended job.

·
Registered
334 Posts
147 have sketchy performance from sub 4" barrels stick with 124's if you find the recoil of those unpleasant back down to the 115's ,
Sketchy?

While not definitive...

I'll take my chances with them.

ymmv

Reactions: Kilowatt3

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Try a few different brands to be sure what feeds well. You can never tell till you fire it.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
My SCCY doesn't like Hornady XTP bullets.

Reactions: Buckeye63

·
Registered
710 Posts
You might want to try Remington 115 JHPs standard pressure loads. They are accurate in my little nines, have a good record in actual shootings, and are easy on the gun.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Federal HSTs seem to perform well in any barrel length. Any 9mm I carry will be stuffed with 124 grain HSTs so long as they run in that gun. I think the standard pressure hsts perform almost as well as the +Ps so I prefer the standard pressure especially in the small lightly constructed guns.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
NO +P 115 124 name brand HP that is reliable . I have gold dot in my KelTec PF-9 . As I remember HP was designed to stop bullet in body. To many bullets were passing thru the BG . Not to expand to try to make up for bad shooting

·
Registered
6,377 Posts

Its what I carry in my SCCY

Interesting. Those have sharp edges just like the xtp. Wonder if my SCCY is faulty. How many rounds of those HPs have you run through yours?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I bought some Winchester 115g and Remington 115g range ammo to break in the gun. I will get to the range on Monday to see what she'll do.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I finally got to the range today with my new Sccy 9mm and ran 200 rounds thru of Winchester white box. No problems at all every trigger pull it went bang. Good grouping at 5-7yards. Very impressed for a $250 gun that I can pocket carry.

·
Banned
91 Posts
I finally got to the range today with my new Sccy 9mm and ran 200 rounds thru of Winchester white box. No problems at all every trigger pull it went bang. Good grouping at 5-7yards. Very impressed for a $250 gun that I can pocket carry.
I'm also impressed with my SCCY CPX-2. The more I shoot it, the more I like it. And it's a great carry gun. I've run close to 1800 rounds through mine now and I've had only 3 mis-feeds on it...all in one of the extra magazines I bought on ebay. That mag used to rattle until, after several times, I took it apart and cleaned it up. Finally got rid of the rattle and no more problems with that mag now. I've never had any problem with the gun itself or any of the other 3 mags. I use the Federal at the range and the Mag Tech to carry in 4 clips. They work good for me.

Font Advertising

Attachments

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'm also impressed with my SCCY CPX-2. The more I shoot it, the more I like it. And it's a great carry gun. I've run close to 1800 rounds through mine now and I've had only 3 mis-feeds on it...all in one of the extra magazines I bought on ebay. That mag used to rattle until, after several times, I took it apart and cleaned it up. Finally got rid of the rattle and no more problems with that mag now. I've never had any problem with the gun itself or any of the other 3 mags. I use the Federal at the range and the Mag Tech to carry in 4 clips. They work good for me.

View attachment 127050
My next step with the gun is to try some defensive ammo. I will look around for those magtechs thx!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 44 Posts