Defensive Carry banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
Benelli M1 12 GA M&P;

I'd probably add a lever gun with a 4X scope. I have a 30.06 Bolt 4X-8X for social distancing.

馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Yeah, if a complete semi-auto ban came out or I lost the Noreen on a lake, I'd have to take the Viper off of it and put it on the Model 70 ... for social distancing, you know! 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

Registered
45-70 lever gun like a Henry or Marlin
Shockwave

Of these, I only have a 1911. If I am restricted on quantity of rounds, I want larger caliber.

Registered
Revolvers and levers have been doing SD duty since they came on the market. No reason they won't do the job today. Pairing a rifle and pistol in the same cartridge has advantages in logistics.
The venerable pump shotgun for HD is still my go-to even though I have others available

Premium Member
I can do wheel guns from 22 to 44 Mag.
1911 in 45, 9mm and 22.
Lever guns from 17HMR to 44 Mag.
12ga in pump and SA.(multiple options in both)
Rem 700 if I need to reach another zip code.

Registered
All I would need to do is get 10 round mags for my G21. Nothing else changes for me. Bolt action rifle, pump shotgun, 4 wheelguns, one single stack 9mm and the Glock. Life goes on pretty much the same.

Registered
I could get by with a brace of revolvers, a lever or pump rifle, and a double or pump shotgun. I have them all now, except for a pump rifle.

If it gets more restrictive than that, well, it鈥檚 time to use them.

Registered
FYI, the Rem 760 and 7600 pump rifles are quick handling guns. I鈥檝e taken many deer, some elk, and probably a dozen yotes with mine in .30-06. It gets about 1 MOA accuracy with hunting bullets, and better than that with 168 gr BTHP match handloads. With my setup it would be acceptable for social work within 500 yards.

The biggest drawback is mags. Factory mags run flawlessly, but only hold 4 rounds. 10 round aftermarket mags are hard to find and are finicky on a good day. For volume I鈥檇 much rather rely on the AR-10.

Shooting more than 8-ish rounds really heats up the barrel too. Not sure how well the barrel intended for hunting would last with sustained high round count outings.

Registered
I am pretty sure that I would be satisfied with my Ruger 77/44. However, I would like a 10 round magazine for it. As far as my pistols, most of them meet those limits anyway.

Registered
1911 is as far back as I care to go!:cool:

Reactions: Rock and Glock

Registered
Rifle- BAR, SKS, Mini 14. There are plenty of "hunting" looking semi autos like the Remington 81.
Handgun- still have my S&W442, Walther PPS .40 and 1911. I would probably swap my 9mm for a 10 round .40. I believe the Clinton crime bill played a hand in boosting the. 40 when magazines were limited.
Shotgun- is only a hunting tool anymore, but the 870 serves me well.

Registered
I've got lever, bolt, and pump rifles, a 1911, SxS, bolt, and pump shotguns, and 2 revolvers. The only change really needed would be 10 round mags for the S&W M&P. No semi autos still leaves me in decent standing.

Registered
While I object to such restrictions being imposed, it wouldn't change anything for me.

Glock 48, S&W Shield, S&W 642
Remington 870
Marlin 1894 in .357

Registered
It wouldn't change anything for me. I don't need a semi auto anything.

Winchester Model 1912's and the Model 1897 pump shotguns can be slammed fired as fast or faster than a semi auto. Just hold the trigger down and they'll fire as fast as you can pump'em. They didn't call them Trench Sweepers during WWI for no reason.

A 2-3/4" 12 ga. 00 buck shotgun shell has nine .33 caliber buckshot in them. A Winchester Model 12 will hold 6 shells without the plug. So that's 54 .33 caliber buckshot going at the bad guys in approx. 3 seconds from one shotgun. If I arm all the men in my family with my 6 model 12s and one model '97 shotgun that would be 378 .33 caliber shots going at the bad guys in approx. 3 seconds. You can't put down that kind of firepower with anything unless you own a bunch of machine guns.

Winchester Model 12's.

Winchester Model 1897.

Then I have my Marlin and Winchester lever action rifles.

The one at the top of the photo was my great great grandpa's Marlin model 1889 .38-40 lever action that was made in 1893.

The one in the middle of the photo was my uncles Winchester model 94 .30-30 lever action that was made in 1950.

The one at the bottom of the photo is my Marlin model 94 .44 Mag lever action that was made in 1977.

Then I have my sporterized Remington 03-A3 .30-06 bolt action rifle. The receiver was made in 1943.

And I have a sporterized Swedish Mauser, a Carl Gustafs Stads Gevarsfaktor Model 鈥 94, 6.5 x 55 bolt action rifle. Made in 1904.

As for handguns all I need is my 4" S&W 500 Mag and my S&W model 66 .357 Mag along with my S&W Model 340PD .357 Mag. snubby for my pocket.

S&W 500 Mag

S&W Model 66 .357 Mag.

S&W 340PD .357 Mag.

And just in case I still have my .45 Colt Ruger Vaquero Revolvers with a couple thousand rounds of black powder rounds left over from my days of SASS shooting matches.

Registered
Not too much would change for me. Most of my inventory consists of revolvers, a couple 1911s and a few S&W 3rd Gen 45 ACP pistols. I already own a few ten round mags for my Beretta 92FS so I would be okay there. My shotguns are pumps with wood furniture and I only own a couple bolt action rifles. I wouldn't be happy about such a turn of events, but I would be okay. At least until the next bunch of laws came down the road.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts