Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple days ago I saw a listing on a local ad site for a Glock 17. I called the number and told the guy I wanted to look at it because I regret selling my G17, and he was selling his at a good price. I went to go look at it, and needless to say I brought it home with me. I looked at the serial number and it looked strangely familiar. I remember I still had the original sales receipt, and I compared the serial number on the receipt to the one on the gun. Sure enough, I have my first Glock 17 back! :smile:

What are the odds of coming across the same gun I sold 6 months ago? I had sold it to a friend that traded it in at a gun show for a G34.

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Wow. Maybe you should go out and buy a lottery ticket or something. Congratulations on getting back a gun that you regretted selling to start with.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Chances of that happening are pretty slim, I would say.

Years ago I bought a M-29 (4") and then about a year later I decided to add a 6 7/8" to my collection. I bought one 400 miles from the place where I got the first one. When I got home I discovered that they were consectutive serial numbered guns!!!!!!!! Sold the pair for a very HANDSOME profit !

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
Can you say Powerball? I'd go out and get a few Powerball tickets if I were you!

Nice to see you get your original pistol back. Especially if you regret selling it in the first place.

:congrats:

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Approximately 1 in 1,294,299,123,147. But that is just a rough calculation.

Wow. I am taking you to Vegas with me when I go in November.

·
Banned
13,685 Posts
You obviously loved your Glock more than you knew. It must be a sign. Glock on!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Wow! That really is a coincidence. Just one question though, what is it about the Glock 17 that made you want to get rid of it in the first place, and now the seller wanted to get rid of it? That's basically 3 people getting rid of it within 6 months assuming that this wasn't the person you first sold it to.

·
Super Moderator
50,584 Posts
Chances? About 1 in 300 million...:yup:

There are a couple of pistolas I would love to have back...:yup:

Congrats on the find...go get a lottery ticket...today!:danceban:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Remember the saying "If you love something set it free. If it returns it is yours, if it doesn't it wasn't meant to be." or something like that. I guess it was meant to be. Enjoy it and don't let go of it again. You may not be so lucky the next time.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was obviously meant to keep this gun, and I'm never going to get rid of it again! The reason I sold it in the first place was that it didn't see much use even though it's a great gun to shoot. Now I plan to invest in a good set of night sights and make it mine for good!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Reunited and it feels so good, reunited....

Joker1

·
Registered
251 Posts
That's pretty amazing. Gotta name that gun "Boomerang".

So between your initially buying it, selling it and then buying it again, did you make money, lose money or break even?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I lost a bit of of money upon selling it, but when I bought it again, I got 50 dollars back.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Wow. Maybe you should go out and buy a lottery ticket or something. Congratulations on getting back a gun that you regretted selling to start with.
That's definitely one of those neat things.

If you go and buy a lottery ticket, don't forget to tell us when and where.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts