Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about selling my mil-spec to fund a Colt mustang, and was wondering what you guys are giving for a used one? I bought it almost a year ago and have put about 3,000 rounds through it, it has been back to SA for a new barrel, as the original had some major issues, also has new springs from SA. It is a assembled in America model, has SS bushing and SS 1 piece barrel. The grips in the pic go to my XSE, but I have the original mil-spec grips for it. I paid $559 + Tax for it last year and was wondering if $425 sounded about right for it now? I know many of you have bought them recently.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Yep sounds good....
Should sell rather quick...

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
That is also where I would be pitching for cost if looking.

Some leeway of course in individual cases but I'd not be surprised to see a $450 tag on that gun. I think even my Sistema was up around $400 when I bought it coupla years back.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I have a milspec also, and before even seeing what your price was I though 4 to 425. Good deal....

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, now how does the transfer thing work? Say someone wanted to buy it, and they send a FFL and payment, I take it to a FFL dealer and then have it taken off my permit? Or is there something else involved? Never done a non FTF transaction.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Depends how your state Works .. For me i take it to dealer have them mail it out and just save my receipt and the green card and I'm done with it

·
Banned
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In NY when you buy a pistol, you have to get it put on your permit before you can pick it up. They give you a green card with the judges stamp on it and you give that to the guy and you get your gun. I may have to inquire about this from my local FFL dealer.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Hehe - Bruce - you're gonna get flak, doncha know! :18:

I do think a chat with your FFL is safest route to go with this sale/transfer thing. NY ain't like other places!

·
Administrator
144,204 Posts
$425. Bananas is good :biggrin2:
...around here I could probably grab a used one for $400.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Well, the one I bought was priced at $400 and yours appears to be in much better condition. Personally I'd ask $450 but not go below $425. Region affects prices of course but around here you should be able to get $450 without too much hassle.
Jack

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I'll fall in behind the $400-$425 crowd.To me, the weapon would be used for a frame up rebuild and used parts resale. OTOH someone is looking for a .45 configured in the plain jane kinda way. If you talk it up and hold out you'll eventually find a buyer for that MILSPEC that will throw $475 of even $500 at you and walk away smilein'. --------

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Enjoy your new toy ! I luv my lil' mustang....excellent concealment piece for the back pocket...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts