Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where does everyone like to get their general defensive info from? I am talking about resources that discuss anything defensive related. Anything from the basics of "always face the doorway when at restaurants" to "what to do if an active shooter walks into a movie theater" to "how to secure your home from burglars". Whether it be books, websites, youtube, dvd, etc. What are your favorites?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I try to absorb as much as i can from everywhere....Usually unless you are a negative person almost always
you can find and learn something...Rather training...a article...a video.. personal experience...a buddy etc etc.

If you open your mind you may say i disagree with 95% of something but i agree with that part of it
or i never really thought of it that way.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like John Lovell (Warrior Poet Society) and Mickey Schuch (Carry Trainer) as far as YouTube goes. Lots of good information, imo.

Funnily enough, I was watching a Mickey video when I thought of this. He was giving advice on what to do when a theatre is attacked and I thought "I really should look into more of this type of stuff".

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I try to absorb as much as i can from everywhere....Usually unless you are a negative person almost always
you can find and learn something...Rather training...a article...a video.. personal experience...a buddy etc etc.

If you open your mind you may say i disagree with 95% of something but i agree with that part of it
or i never really thought of it that way.

Couldn't agree more. I am always trying to learn. I browse this website for tips, etc. I just wanted to see if there was any websites with a bunch of articles on this topic. Or videos that covered the subject matter. etc.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, I kinda like this place. And Greg Ellifritz's active Response Training website.

This place is great. I have learned more here, than anywhere else on the web. I will check out response training. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Where does everyone like to get their general defensive info from? I am talking about resources that discuss anything defensive related. Anything from the basics of "always face the doorway when at restaurants" to "what to do if an active shooter walks into a movie theater" to "how to secure your home from burglars". Whether it be books, websites, youtube, dvd, etc. What are your favorites?
I don't do many websites or tubes (I really should). I get most of my info from from Concealed Carry magazine, and to a lesser extent, American Rifleman magazine. I've also gotten much good info right here, from the resident experts on this fine forum.

A good question you ask. I'll look carefully at the responses.

Reactions: bodan399

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Mine comes from where I lived followed by old salts with a Msgt along with 2 Lance Corp. who I miss dearly and the several agencies I worked for. There were some old time Sheriffs, may they RIP that gave me a kick in the butt and a hug and handshake when it was needed, most of the ones that I worked one on one have been called home and the only time I talk with them is during my night prayers. I have been blessed with the friends that cared and taught me which in turn allowed me finish up my career as a training officer. Sometimes my past haunts me even when the night terrors come I can call on those who have gone B4 me to help me once again get get through the hot zones that being said I still follow as I was taught and what I taught and wait impatiently for my call home so I can stand with them once again.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't do many websites or tubes (I really should). I get most of my info from from Concealed Carry magazine, and to a lesser extent, American Rifleman magazine. I've also gotten much good info right here, from the resident experts on this fine forum.

A good question you ask. I'll look carefully at the responses.

Me too lol. I will check out those magazines. I really need to start learning more about this stuff, but I don't want to read some random guys blog, who turns out to be some sort of fraud/conman and learn potentially dangerous techniques.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Almost anyone willing to share can contribute something of value - even if it means you learn what NOT to do from them! There is a whole lot of info going around. Picking out what will work for me in my life is what I concentrate on. I tend to avoid big talkers in tactical gear who sound like used car salesmen. I pay close attention to those who I believe have actually seen the elephant.

·
Super Moderator
18,262 Posts
What's the matter with y 'all!

Defensive Carry Forum of course!

The place where one can absorb much from some of the very best and most knowledgeable folks ...

... while learning how not to do it from some real bozos ...

... all while gaining the ability to discern between the two.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts